Menu
Highlighted
Bekk1995
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New build property

So I have recently moved in to a new build which is already wired up with virgin and I have the box at the side of my house. I am unable to do the postcode checker as it doesnt recognise my postcode. I have rang numerous times to set this up, I've been told its not available in my area even though I have the wires and box next to my house or just to be told they don't know why I have the wires and box. Has anyone had this problem? 

0 Kudos
robputt
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build property

Hello,

Are you sure it's Virgin cabling? On a lot of new builds it's BT FTTP which also enters properties via underground ducts rather than overhead cabling (and hence looks similar to a Virgin installation), unless it says Virgin Media on the cabling / junction boxes I wouldn't assume it's Virgin's. Do you have a photo of said cabling / boxes that we can see, someone on here may be able to identify if it's Virgin's or not.

Best Regards,

Rob

My Broadband Ping - Rob's VM Connection
0 Kudos
Bekk1995
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. It says virgin media on the box outside with the cables.

0 Kudos
Clarkey3
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have this issue and when I ring VM I get told it's not available in my area even though the house builds completed on the same developments all have ;ab38598a-45a0-4061-85bf-0275f200ed9e.jpg 

Is an mod able to get in touch with both of us as when I move next month I'm going to need an ISP sorted ASAP but as of right now it's looking like I will have to cancel and go with Sky/BT

0 Kudos
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Clarkey3 wrote:

I have this issue and when I ring VM I get told it's not available in my area even though the house builds completed on the same developments all have ;ab38598a-45a0-4061-85bf-0275f200ed9e.jpg 

Is an mod able to get in touch with both of us as when I move next month I'm going to need an ISP sorted ASAP but as of right now it's looking like I will have to cancel and go with Sky/BT

For your edification and delight:  

Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 14.23.24.png

you'll note  the 350mm  min clearance tween OR/VM services and apparent absence of Toby feed to ETB.    If you're buying this freehold then suggest you get Conveyancing Solicitor to earn his/her exaggerated punitive fee and formalise either/both VM or OR/(and any/all other local loop ISP's) to clarify their acceptance  in writing based on ducting at contract exchange or many months/years in future.  

Even if cabled to local cabinet's there's no guarantee VM or BT/OR/Sky-local loop unbundler will have fibre/copper activated by time you move....   AND even if you have Business service you should still  consider formal risk assessment to cover for outages......  

Good luck anyway....

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bekk1995,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you very much for your post. We are very sorry to hear this has been the case for yourself, are you able to confirm if you have spoken to our sales team directly? If not we would advise this ( you can reach them on 0800 183 1234). If it is a new build and has been pre wired but no one has had services there previously they will need to submit a form for our new build team directly so they can investigate this further and assist. Please keep us posted on further development.

Kind regards,

Louis

Bekk1995
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

Myself and neighbours have spoken to the sales team directly but we are all been told different things or I have been told I will get a call back but never do. We are all at a loss on what to do.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When did you last speak to the team Bekk1995? If this is a new build it may just be a case of updating the system or it could be that even though the cabling is all in place it may not currently be available.

What did they advise when you last spoke to them?

Rob

0 Kudos
Bekk1995
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

They said they will look into this and give me a call back but I have heard nothing. I last called on Friday. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bekk1995,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry no one has been in touch in regards to getting the services in your property.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can take your details and get this looked into, I will send you an invite, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos