cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build home

MattBall
Tuning in

Hi all! 

im moving into a new build home on 16th Jan 23 which is on an existing estate (been built around 15 years). The home is one of 4 new builds on the estate. 2 are complete 2 are due to complete in April 2023. 

virgin media is available to all of the houses on the street except for the 4 new ones which have been built (one of which I’ll be moving into in the new year). The whole street has access to virgin media including houses either side of the 4 properties and opposite.  The virgin media box was moved from the top of my drive to the top of the drive of the house at the opposite side of the new estate (basically 3 houses away from my house). 

I have spoke to virgin media and their attitude has been on 2 occasions just go elsewhere which I’ll be completely honest I’m not entirely happy with. The main issue I have is that virgin media offer by far better speeds and more reliable internet in my local area. 

is there anything I can do to get virgin media to the new address as I’m pretty desperate to sign up to their current deal which is available too! 

6 REPLIES 6

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MattBall

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear we do not currently service your address.

I will drop you a private message now to see what I can do but unfortunately cannot make any promises on the back of this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey MattBall, thank you for reaching out I am sorry to see Virgin Media is not currently available in your house.

I can see you are in PM with my colleague, please do reach back out to him and he will be able to help with this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks Matthew, 

the only issue is travis hasn’t got back to me after I have sent across the information requested. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the developer putting any ducting in for these houses?  Generally the developer would install ducting for this type of thing when doing new builds.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@MattBall wrote:

Thanks Matthew, 

the only issue is travis hasn’t got back to me after I have sent across the information requested. 

You've only given them one working day so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the people that can answer this question have booked the time out between Xmas and New Year as well. Patience is required around this time of the year.

Hi MattBall

Thanks for coming back to the thread

We do advise 10 working days but with it being Christmas/New Year period, it could be longer

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill