cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build home not registered on virgin list

yagmursahin
Tuning in

Hi 

I’m moving to a new build home and want to get the process started to move my broadband and tv package to the new property. The property is registered with the post office but it doesn’t appear on Virgins list and I therefore cannot get virgin to come out to connect the new home. Any suggestions on getting the house on virgins list of properties?

many thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person should respond here in a day or so. But before that, was the new build provisionsed for a VM connection? Or is it perhaps OpenReach only ?

Builders usually liaise with one or the other to install the infrastructure during the build phase.

Is it on a new "estate" and if so are others already connected to VM.

Ask the builders for more info on this

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for replying John

Im in touch with the builder and they were originally going through open reach - I’m the buyer and raised the question over using Virgin instead to make the moving process easier.

The house is not in an estate, it’s being built on an established area on its own on a plot of land.

the builders aren’t sure if they can directly get virgin involved instead of going through open reach either hence my question.

I do know that the neighbouring house has an active virgin connection though. I just can’t get the processed kicked off with virgin because even though the house is registered with Royal Mail it’s not coming up on virgins list of addresses so is appearing “unregistered”.

thanks 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes it probably wont appear as it doesnt exist on their "map". It will need VM to comment. I will flag for them to come here and comment here soon.

Do you know whether the builders installed the necessary ducting from the street cabinet to the outside of the property. If not then that might turn out to be cost-prohibitive for VM to do that for a single property. But only they can comment on that.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John

Ill wait for VM to come back - in terms of ducting, I don’t think this has been done but I’ve negotiated with the buyer to put this in (or a suitable alternative) from the pavement up the drive to the side of the house.

I’m assuming virgin should be able to get the cable from the street somehow as long as I have suitable ducting to get the cable to the house organised?

Thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @yagmursahin

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I can defiantly take a look into this for you. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some further information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing me with that information via PM @yagmursahin

I have raised this with the area Field manager in the hope we can get this arranged for you. 

As soon as I have any further information I will let you know. 

Kind regards 

Zak_M

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ahhhh... the Area Field manager, dont hold your breath.... they usually get back to you when they return from exercising their unicorn 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------