Menu
Fourthgrace
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New build home: Fibre broadband is blocked between house and exchange: who is responsible?

My son has just bought a new build property in Stockport: there are 2 "pipes" outside the house for Virgin and BT, He wants to connect to Virgin Fibre Broadband but the visiting VM engineer says the VM pipe is physically blocked to the exchange. Who is responsible for unblocking it: the developer or Virgin Media? The engineer has suggested to use BT Openreach instead. Any help please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build home: Fibre broadband is blocked between house and exchange: who is responsible?

Hi Fourthgrace

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

If your son is looking to book an account with us then this would be looked at by our teams but if there is a blockage then this could take up to a few months to clear depending on the work that is necessary and the permits required.

Work will only be done to clear this is a customer has a request to be installed and is prepared to wait for this. If a customer books an installation and decides to cancel this due to delays as sometimes happens we then stop pending works planned as we would be paying our engineers to work on something for no financially viable business justification, there being no revenue outcome at the end of the work if a customer cancels.

I just wanted to explain the process so you understand that this is something we can possibly do for him, depending on costs, but if he's prepared to follow up on this he would have to be aware that there will be a potential delay of a few months.

I hope this helps.

If this is something you think he would still like to progress with tell him to call our teams Smiley Happy

Sales
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 08:00 - 00:00
Telephone Number: 0800 052 2129

Take care.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Fourthgrace
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build home: Fibre broadband is blocked between house and exchange: who is responsible?

Many thanks for the explanation.

He booked a VM engineer to install and they managed to get the necessary connection- so all sorted!

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oh I am so pleased Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting us know!

Take care and please pass on my best wishes to your son Smiley Very Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos