cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build address not visible

mh1976
Tuning in

Hi - we are buying a new build house - this is registered on the Post Office system and is showing in other services providers 'checkers' e.g. British Gas, uSwitch, but not for Virgin. I am an existing customer and have a critical need for broadband very soon after we move (move date 22nd June!)

Please can you help! Thanks, Mark

27 REPLIES 27

Hi Mark

I have asked our Service And Install Managers to help me 

As soon as I get a reply I will get back in touch 

I have also passed on your contact number 

Don't worry though its in hand 

Gareth_L

Thank you!! As an FYI, the new property has been trunked all the way to the pavement where the Virgin fibre is located, so (easy for me to say!!), this should be very straightforward to connect up. Really, really, really appreciate you taking this on to help me! Cheers Mark

Not a problem at all Mark 

I know a nice Sales Person as well that can help once things have been looked into 

Feel free to give me a nudge on here though, just incase I don't get back to you 

Gareth_L

Hello mh1976

I am still looking at this 

Can I just ask what Developer is the new build with 

Gareth_L

This is a one off build with a small company, as opposed to a large developer building many houses on an estate just FYI. 

The company is https://www.randwharrisonbuilders.co.uk

hope that helps 

Hi mh1976

That's perfect thank you 

I have passed on your details to our New Build Team 

Who have just replied back saying they aim to get back to you in 5 working days 

I have also sent you a copy by Private Message 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth. Whilst I don’t understand how your business and processes all work, my sense is we may be going down the wrong path here. 

To reiterate:

• yes this is a new build house, but
  • it is a single house in what was the garden of a big old house on a mature roads (Ratcliffe Road)
  • Ratcliffe Road (including the house next door) has Virgin Media broadband.
  • There is fibre in the ground at the end of the house’s driveway
  • the builder has laid trimming under the drives that meets both VM and BT specifications to enable easy connection from the fibre in the road to property
  • i feel this needs to be treated just as a house that is being connected to VM for the first time rather than a new build
  • The only issue I am aware of that has caused this whole debacle is that your system does not seem to real time connect to the Post Office database (whereas other providers do. If the new house number was in your system I suspect we would be connected by now!
  • This is super urgent as we move on 22nd and I need connectivity to be able to do my job!

thanks again for your help 

Hello mh1976

Thank you for your reply 

This will still need to be classed as a new build

New house being buily by a property developer and one that is  not on our Systems needs to be investigated by the correct Department, Which in you case is our New Builds Team 

I will be honest and say it may not be as easy as laying ducting and hoping that we can cable this and transfer the services across 

There are lots of obstacles to cross which is best dealt with by the department I have passed this over to 

Sorry if this reply seems a bit blunt 

Gareth_L

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Gareth_L is advising you correctly.  This isn't going to be straightforward.

If VM need to dug out any of the pavement outside to connect your cable into their passing duct, this will require permission from the local council. This can typically take several weeks.  Then VM's contractor can do the digging and pull through the cable.  It's unlikely that this will be done before your deadline.

Do your immediate neighbours have a VM connection?  If so it may be possible with their permission to run a temporary cable over the boundary from their external wall box.  

As I suggested above, you should make plans for a stop-gap service like 4G data to give you a temporary service until the cable can be connected.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi mh1976

Our New Build Team have come back and advised its not a serviceable property 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that front 

I can try and persuade for a Spotter to come out and have a look for you

But again I will be honest and say its not a 100% guarantee we can set up an account 

Gareth_L