cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build address not visible

mh1976
Tuning in

Hi - we are buying a new build house - this is registered on the Post Office system and is showing in other services providers 'checkers' e.g. British Gas, uSwitch, but not for Virgin. I am an existing customer and have a critical need for broadband very soon after we move (move date 22nd June!)

Please can you help! Thanks, Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mark

I have asked our Service And Install Managers to help me 

As soon as I get a reply I will get back in touch 

I have also passed on your contact number 

Don't worry though its in hand 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is this a one-off new build - or part of a cluster/estate?

If the latter, then the Builders have to partner with VM or OpenReach to build in the infrastructure for supplying the ducts/cables /etc as the build progresses. In that case ask the builder which company they partnered with

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John - it is a one off new build on an old / established road that had VM fibre....big old house has sold a lump of their land so a new house with a new address (new road number) has been created.

Thanks for your reply....all help appreciated here after hours on the phone to VM and not much (if any) progress yet

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK - may just be a glitch in the VM postcode data checking not updated yet.

Or they may be at "capacity" and not accepting new subscribers in that location.

A VM person should respond on here in a day or so and advise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It's def the former (computer says no) and not capacity from what I have been told thus far. Thanks again John

Hello mh1976

I know you have emailed in already 

But I have picked this up now to get looked into

Can you please Send me your name and a contact number by Private Message 

That way I can pass on your details once we have an update 

If that makes sense 

Gareth_L

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Bear in mind that if the pavement outside needs to be dug up to put in a new connection, this could delay things by weeks waiting for Council permission.  Judging from the many complaints on here of unexpected delays to new installations I strongly suggest you have a plan B for a stopgap service.  A mobile data contract would be a good idea. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you! Just sent you a DM

Thanks mh1976

I will have a look asap for you. I do need to let you know as its Sunday, the Team I need are not in today so will more than likely be 24 hours for any updates 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth. Any news please? Thanks Mark