Menu
Dunco1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New box

I just set my box up when it arrived earlier today. It has been green lit and the base is flashing green all day. Anything I can do that does not involve calling out an engineer. Thanks

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New box

As it been activated?

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mia_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Dunco1,

Welcome to the Virgin Community!

How is your connection since your last post? Is it all good now?

Now, if you are using the Hub 3 the flashing green base light and the the WiFi light that is green means that the Hub 3 is disconnected from network connections. You'll need to check if your cable connection to the Hub is tight and that no other cable connection in the home has come loose. If you find a loose connection, reconnect it tightly, and then reboot the Hub.

This is a good reference about the status lights and what it means that you can use in the future.

Since it could also be a network issue, you can check here if there's any fault on the area.

Hope this helps.

Mia_C

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Mia_C wrote:

Hi, Dunco1,

Welcome to the Virgin Community!

How is your connection since your last post? Is it all good now?

Now, if you are using the Hub 3 the flashing green base light and the the WiFi light that is green means that the Hub 3 is disconnected from network connections. You'll need to check if your cable connection to the Hub is tight and that no other cable connection in the home has come loose. If you find a loose connection, reconnect it tightly, and then reboot the Hub.

This is a good reference about the status lights and what it means that you can use in the future.

Since it could also be a network issue, you can check here if there's any fault on the area.

Hope this helps.

Mia_C

or maybe its not been activated as asked above - @Mia_C start with the obvious 

Tony
Forum Team (Retired) Mia_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Dunco1,

It's me again. I'd love to add some thing about your service if it's not yet up and running.

If you haven't called us to activate your service, you can reach us on 0800 953 9500. Make sure you have your account number and area reference to hand – they will be on the email we sent you.

Thanks to -tony- too, for the reminder about the activation.

Mia_C