Did you mean: 

New box, green flashing lights

Fluidoppsition
Tuning in

So, my quick installation box arrived yesterday and keeps getting stuck on:

Base light: Green

Arrows: Flashing green

WiFi: Green

I’ve connected my laptop into the router to check what’s going on and under my hub status all it tells me under the internet is “access denied”

I’ve phoned the customer care line twice and they’ve told me they’ve fixed it but sadly the issue has persisted.

I would really like to play DnD online tonight as it’s been over a month twice we’ve played and I have work to be getting on with this week. Earliest an engineer can arrive is Tuesday, and I already tried a second virgin hub as the previous tenant left theirs (I did a factory reset and all on that). 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably the hub has not been activated on your account, phone:

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

It has been activated, I have phoned the customer care line 3 times now. Not including the first time I phoned that line and clicked the activation pathway.

They've said they'll have an engineer over Tuesday, I was just hoping someone might have an idea on how to fix this sooner.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It could be an issue at the street cabinet if they are saying the Hub has been activated.

There is no point in trying to use the other Hub that was left behind, as it will be tied to the previous account holder and they should have returned it.  Hub's remain the property of VM and are only rented to users.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Adduxi, that's at least a potential reason which tbh is at least vaguely comforting at the moment!

I had wondered on the tenants old router, but seeing as customer service weren't able to offer much help I thought I may as well try. I'm not entirely sure it has been deactivated or anything, I got further with that one on a light level and it connected to all the same devices, but it was still denied access to the Internet when I looked in at the router settings. Neither looked any different from the settings menu.

But, still sounds plausible that router shouldn't work - it's not plugged in anymore anyhow. 

Hi @Fluidoppsition,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your new Hub! I can understand how frustrating this can be!

I was able to locate your account and I can see that your appointment is booked in.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further help afterwards.

I would advise plugging your Hub in on the day of the appointment, so the technician can see which lights are showing on the Hub.

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs