cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New apartment (8years )

Needfibre
Joining in

I’m getting different answer from different people,  we live i apartment ( previously sheltered accommodation 56 rooms ) this was  converted into apartments 8 years ago so for last 8 years the addresses show up correctly via postcode search with banks post office energy companies even BT and talk talk and sky  but virgin  media still has the old flat addresses of the  previous sheltered accommodation on the postcode search which is stopping people from getting virgin media despite  flats /houses across the road having virgin plus lot want to take advantage of the new volt promotion (been an O2 customer  20 years 8 years at this address ,anyone has  any advice on how we can get virgin media to update the correct addresses as they are the only one who seem to not have them 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there, I can certainly help you with this, I will send you a private message (purple envelope top right corner) where I can discuss it further with you.

Regards Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there, I can certainly help you with this, I will send you a private message (purple envelope top right corner) where I can discuss it further with you.

Regards Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Update ! Engineers came  round confined the  apartments  were actually here  and also the Tbox at the front did have the cable right outside the apartment block ( it’s only a small apartment block )  survey engineer was great said he would sign this off as completed so that virgin will add the addresses to the relevant department to add to the postcode checkers data base and also to confirm that virgin is available for the apartments, called yesterday sales team they said no engineering has been out  there is no cable at the apartments and also virgin cannot supply anything despite me  giving them the engineers tech number and name to confirm his visit and that it’s all completed they still say NO can’t get it so I have no idea what to do now ? I have the engineers number I’ll call home tommrow see what he suggests next 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is there any internal cabling to VM wall sockets in each apartment?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No virgin media sockets inside the apartments but the cable is outside to be connected into the apartments the engineer said just needs to be a big put into the apartments that will be done once it ordered with a fitting engineer said take an hour it’s standard for any new  customers to be connected 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Tech is saying its technically possible - but VM are saying no - probably because of a poor cost and return - so not worth them spending the money installing - there is no guarantee after that the tenants will actually take the service.

I am not sure whether if your are on the ground or first floor that VM would install the service into just one apartment - they would have to comment on that

All you can hope for is a discussion with an Area Field Manager. A VM person can raise it with them when they get to the thread

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.