Menu
Jimbost
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New additional V6 box. Original now not working

Fed Up. Increased my packed to include a new additional V6 box. Box arrived after a wasted trip. Received email and code to collect. Collect point at Tesco to be told by staff it was not there and to try tomorrow. Collected V6 this morning. Installed new V6 box  all ok. Increase in broadband speed ok. Sat down to watched TV ok the original V6 box to find all channels greyed out. Been on hold over 3 hours now to try and get a resolution Get kicked off the wait list after 61 mins. Reconnect at the back of the line. Coming up to 49 minutes on the 4th call. Restarted the box twice now with the same result. NOTHING Not a very happy customer

Gritting through teeth. Regards Jim

0 Kudos
Jimbost
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New additional V6 box. Original now not working

Just got dropped at 52 Minutes. Really not happy now
0 Kudos
Jimbost
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Swapped new V6 box with original V6 box so we have TV in the lounge for the evening as I really do not expect this to get resolved soon. Restart on old Box comes up with the same error screen and to ring 150. Been trying to do that for nearly 5 hrs now! I really just need to have the old box switched back on. Checked contract and it is quite clear 2 Virgin V6 Boxes and 500mb Broadband. 

Trying to remain calm and composed. Regards Jim

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Long shot.... could try the "Equipment Activation number" 0800 953 9500 and see if that gets you to a human quicker ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Jimbost
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Just tried with the same automated response triage. Then 'we are busy right now' After nearly 5 hrs I'm going to have a bite to eat. Then return to the skirmish with the on hold music.  

Onwards and upwards. Regards Jim

0 Kudos
Jimbost
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Back into the fray. On hold for Virgin Medias Customer Service. I can not believe that I am paying triple figures a month for an unreachable customer service.

Ever hopeful. Regards Jim 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you log into your account and confirm that you are subscribed for two V6s.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Jimbost
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have the confirmation via email and in My Virgin Media.

Good news at last after another 52 minutes on hold I finally got through. Problem was resolved in less than 12mins. Most of that was waiting for boxes to reboot. As suspected the other box was turned off. Thank you for your replies 

Virgin still has a lot to learn that although they may have one of the best TV/Broadband/Phone/mobile packages they still have a lot to learn about customer care. My opinion of course.

Just happy to be back watching TV in the lounge drinking a cup of tea. Regards Jim

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

According to customer feedback VM's services normally run well enough but broadband outages can last for far too long and customer service can be terrible.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos