cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New WiFi router won’t show

santi9
Joining in

Hello, I’ve just signed up for VM broadband, new router came yesterday and I’ve set it up as per the instructions. The virgin media WiFi doesn’t show on any device, although there is a new Virgin media broadband showing it is not the number it should be and the password doesn’t work. Not sure if this is another nearby VM WiFi or connected to my router somehow.

9 REPLIES 9

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Likely not a new hub but second hand that had the fault and VM did not test it so ask for another hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the response. Could I just get the password for this router.. really can’t wait for a new hub to be delivered as working from home tomorrow..

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a pinhole reset as below. That will reset the passwords to those on the sticker.

Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the password should be on the label - there may be a card with it that slides in the base - new or second hand the password should be there 

VM cannot give you the password

Tony.
Sacked VIP

santi9
Joining in

Thanks for the replies, none of these worked so they’re sending an engineer around.. so I’ll have to take the next few days off work with no internet. Not a great start!

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

have you tried a wired connection - what colour are the hub lights

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you power off the hub, does the VM WiFi SSID that you can see disappear? If that’s the name of the hub and somehow the documentation is wrong, just tell the technician this.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

santi9
Joining in

Thanks for the help all, an engineer came round and replaced the hub and all is working now. Not sure what the exact problem was 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us an updating the thread @santi9.

Kind regards,

Zak_M