cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New VM account unable to use Hub

Moe11
Joining in

Hey,

we got a VM setup last Friday and experience issues ever since (we basically can get nothing to work). After installing the hub, we got wifi and internet working for around 2min. After that the wifi stopped. I've connected a device via Ethernet, however no luck either. When browsing to 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.100.1) I'm getting connection timeouts most of the time. Pinging the hub from my Ethernet device works 80% of the time though.

The weird thing is that every 3h or so we seem to get 1-2 min of perfect connection (including wifi). However as soon as we use the connection, or if I try to browse to the settings page to get router and connection logs, it seems that the hub is shutting down or is overloaded and drops all active connections including the Ethernet one (ping will also stop working). After that nothing is working again until everything was recovered (30min-3h).

By luck I got some router logs out last time and observed some "Lost MDD Timeout" and "Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out" errors.

Any ideas other than replace the hub or getting an technician? (I've reset the hub multiple times, each time the internet works for 2min). The help hotline basically told me yesterday to wait 24h to hope it will magically be resolved.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have asked VM to come here and comment.  The "wait 24h" is a standard offshore agent's "fob off".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Moe11, 

Thanks for your post 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your service
I can look into this for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Moe11,

Thanks for those details 

I have checked a few things and can see you have just had a visit from an engineer?

Can I please ask if everything is okay now?

Gareth_L

Yes! The engineer replaced the hub, and everything is working fine so far. Thanks!

Hi @Moe11,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that the replacement hub has helped to alleviate the issue.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!