Menu
Clairera91
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

New V6 Box Installation

Ok so I was sold a V6 box recently by virgin I do not have  TV services so I was told it under the pretense that I'd use it for freeview (if set up with a coax cable) and then the apps and catch up function. I am trying to install the box but have come across the issue "connection unsuccessful - could not verify info" multiple times. Its connected to the wifi without issue.

The set up I have it is not in the same room as the router and does not have a coax cable due to this room not having an aerial socket. I explained this on the phone but was told it would be fine to use simply for the apps and catch up so long as there was an active wifi connection. Is this correct? As the information I'm reading on other question threads is that it NEEDS a coax connection to even be set up. If this is the case I was miss sold this and it's entirely useless to me. Can anyone help? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Clairera91
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

New Tivo Box Connection

Hello I recently had a call from virgin asking me if I was interested in any other services than internet I already have and I was sold a TiVo box on the call (rather naive of me). I was told I could use it wirelessly to watch tv which I am setting it up to do now but am realising now it comes with a coax lead for a normal cable connection to get freeview ? Just wondering if there is any way at all for me to get freeview without having to plug it into a wall TV socket as it's for another room that doesn't have one in a rented house so I cant have one fitted. Figured if anyone knew it would be someone on here ! Thanks 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo Box Connection

All Virgin TV boxes require a cable co-ax connection. Without this, it can’t work.

You need such a connection in the room where your TV is and, if you don’t have one, you’ll need to get one installed.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Clairera91
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok understood thank you if I get it set up will I be able to use it for catch up services and apps? Thanks in advance ...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Clairea91,

Thanks for your posts and a very warm welcome to you!

Yes, you will be able to use Catch Up and On Demand services as well as the apps such as Netflix and YouTube

You can also use our boxes for recording programs too, which is very handy.

With the Tivo 500 you can record three shows whilst watching a forth, our V6 allows you to record six whilst watching a seventh

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 Box Installation

you can not use a VM box at all without a active VM connection and subscription. you can not buy the boxes they are rented with a subscription.

Where did you get the box from? Online? If so where? Door to door sales or store?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Clairera91
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok that is not what i was told at all i already have sky so i have no need for a subscription to virgin TV I was sold it over the phone by a lady who called me and offered an upgrade of my internet speed for an increased monthly payment and then a V6 box for only a one off payment of £25 which was an 'activation charge' I did not subscribe to any TV service and I just wanted to use this on a second TV for catch up and the apps (like Netflix Amazon prime etc). So...am I to understand I was miss sold this and it's useless as my input for virgin is downstairs not in the same room and It is unusable? In which case I want to return and refund.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You’ll have to contact VM customer services. You have a 14 day cooling off period for this type of sale.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi as another poster has said, you didn't "buy" the box as it's impossible that was the set up fee and you will be paying a subscription on top of your broadband (i assume you have broadband with virgin) costs, virgins TV boxes must have coxial cable connected to function, and have to be paid by subscription, there is no free as in freeview when accessing via Virgin the same as Sky.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like it might have been a scam to me.   Are you sure that the call and the V6 came from VM?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos