cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router not arrived

Causeeffect
Joining in

Hi,

Since moving home we have been waiting for our new router to arrive, but all we received was a quickstart guide with a cable which didn't fit the old router (believe its a hub 3).

The engineer that turned up manage to connect it,however also mentioned that we should have gotten a new router as our is pretty old now.

Kind Regards

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Causeeffect, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the awaiting on a hub replacement. Can you confirm what type of hub you have currently?

Are you experiencing any faults with the hub you're currently using?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me.

" Confirm what type of hub..." - It's a Hub 3.0 (VMDG505)
" Experiencing any fault..." - It struggles when to many devices are connected, signal not great and dropped internet numerous times throughout the months.

With our new contract (as we moved home), we were told we would be getting a new Hub because ours is old.

Kind Regards

Thanks for coming back to us Causeeffect. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message Causeeffect. 

I have arranged a technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L