cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router Hub - Red Light

lliamed
Tuning in

Hi All,

Received a new router hub today and it has a permanent red light. Searched online and it states that the router may be overheating.

Not sure how thats possible if its brand new out of the box? Have tried cooling it down and checking all cable connections. Has anyone else encountered this with a new install?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lliamed
Tuning in

Hi All,

Just an update - have managed to connect successfully following a factory reset but the Hub still displays the red light despite being cold to the touch.

Cheers

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

lliamed
Tuning in

Hi All,

Just an update - have managed to connect successfully following a factory reset but the Hub still displays the red light despite being cold to the touch.

Cheers

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @lliamed,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your brand new hub, this shouldn't be happening especially with a new hub.

Is the hub hot to the touch and are you using the hub un router mode or modem mode?

How long have you had the hub plugged in and has it been in a well ventilated area since it was plugged in? 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Hub is cold on all sides.

Hub is currently on router mode.

It has been plugged in for around 40 minutes, in that time I have attempted a couple of reboots though.

Area is well vented, have even had the doors open to allow a colder breeze through but haven't had any luck.

Cheers

Hi @Steven_L

Having tried all troubleshooting steps I think I might need a replacement Hub. Is that something you can arrange for me?

Cheers

Thanks for coming back to me and for answering all of my questions, we would need to get the hub replaced but this can only be done via a technician visit, I can arrange that from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @lliamed.
I have arranged the appointment, and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 
Regards,
Steven_L