Menu
novice123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Order Cashback mess up

I placed an order through a virgin Rep on Thursday (20th of March 2019). This guy took my order, but couldn’t offer the specific online discount that virgin had on that day, instead asked me to speak to the customer care. After speaking to customer care, they couldn’t match the virgin’s own offer and quidco discount. I placed another order through quidco as quidco did offer the same bundle for the additional cashback. As per customer care advice, I cancelled the original order and progressed with the new order to get the cashback.

It looks like my new web order is currently associated with the account number that was created in the first order. After speaking to customer care, they said that “my weborder ref came through online, couldn’t find quidco in the account number” and asked me to cancel the order & redo everything again. But, I feel that there is no guarantee that it will not be associated with the first order again.

I can see that quidco is tracking my order through manual update.

But, is there any virgin support person can confirm that my order has quidco reference? So that, It will be approved after certain time. I don’t mind about getting the cashback after 6-7 months.

I can see that your competitor offering all-inclusive including Netflix for 10GBP less. Virgin price can only match competitor prices with only additional cashback.

techi7272
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Order Cashback mess up

Problem with virgin sales is that they seem to take the commission even from direct sales as long as account information is already in their system no matter your existing account has signed contract or not. I have seen high street virgin sales guys telling that just place the order order and cancel it later. It looks like they take commission even after you cancel and join virgin via quidco in another 6 months or so. Sales guys and installation team seem to work together on this. They will find several loopholes in the terms & conditions to reject the cashback later. I moved to Sky for this reason. It is better to ask Virgin to delete your account information before your proceed with the order. They can not hold your information without your concern. If you ask them, they will delete your account and then place the order. Hope someone helps you.

novice123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

0 Kudos
novice123
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

I had PS4 in the package, don't see it anymore. Frustrating.

Installation team straight away tells that there are some terms & conditions that will cancel the quidco cashback in most of the cases. Accept the cashback from us . But, comparing to quidco & direct cashback is no way to near to original offer.

I don't even see any customer care email-id to contact them. Calling them is so painful, putting me in circle.

0 Kudos
novice123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was transferred 6 times over an hour call. In the end, I cancelled my orders all together. Virgin couldn't fix any of those problems mentioned. In Both cases, it was an issue with the virgin sales and whoever loaded the order. Virgin refused to delete my account number. If they do it, I will probably join back after sometime once my upcoming contract is over.

0 Kudos
kato1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media has been sold to a new outfit. I DON'T TRUST THEM!!!

hence, the staff & service is atrocious now!!! They have billed for two months the 1st bill....have you ever heard of that??? Cannot get to talk to the right person, get keeping transferred...gave up after after 45 minutes.

My Quidco is not being tracked....And quidco not as helpful as they normally are....I smell a rat...Has Virgin offered quidco a bonus for finding loop holes to decline cash back???

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quidco Cashback only showing as "tracked", despite taking service in April

Virgin Media hasn't been sold to anyone recently, they've been owned by Liberty Global since 2013 and still are.
The first bill is always for the first two months of service, it's not a secret or hidden fact.

If you have an issue with Quidco you'll want to contact Quidco rather than coming up with conspiracy theories which helps nobody.
0 Kudos