Menu
radishism
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New Installation Problem

I've just moved house and had cable and modem installed today. I can happily connect to the wifi on my laptop, but no internet connection is available. I have a Hub 3. The Wifi light is green and steady and the power light flashes green. On the admin page the Hub 3.0 status for Internet is Access Denied.

I've tried re-seating the cables, resetting the Hub etc.

The engineer said everything was working and then left.

Please help!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Installation Problem

Try re-activating the Hub ...

Hub Activation number on 0800 953 9500 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Did he "activate" the Hub - or say it was pre-activated? Did you actually see it working and connected to the internet on one of your devices before you signed their sheet? They often leave their mobile number with you (on the sheet?) to call if there is a problem?  Sometimes activation can take a hour or so although any kit I have received was activated instantly.

In any case try calling the activation number and see what they say... ... 0800 953 9500 - calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through but try at all times.

Or, a text service has been set up - send details of your issue and include your account number to - 07533 051809 - but replies will be a lot slower.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
radishism
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

He didn't mention activation at all and was out of the door without so much as a suggestion that I should test it. Nor was there anything to sign. All he left was a promo leaflet with his name and Tech ID.

Thanks for the activation number both of you, I'll give that a go.

Cheers

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you have checked the internal connections - check the brown box outside and make sure all looks ok in there

Tony
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi radishism,

Thanks for coming back to us with the update. Can we ask if you are now up and running and everything is working OK for you?

Please let us know regarding the above so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
radishism
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No, I'm still down. I have booked an engineer who can't come until tomorrow. Since I'm unable to work from home without internet I've had to take a day off work.

Very disappointed with what was a completely new install - I feel like the engineer just lied to me and went away because he didn't want to troubleshoot on a Saturday afternoon.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@radishism wrote:

No, I'm still down. I have booked an engineer who can't come until tomorrow. Since I'm unable to work from home without internet I've had to take a day off work.

Very disappointed with what was a completely new install - I feel like the engineer just lied to me and went away because he didn't want to troubleshoot on a Saturday afternoon.

probarbly of no use but have you rung the activation line - it might be as simple as that - 0800 953 9500

Tony
0 Kudos
radishism
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I did call and that’s why I have an engineering coming. I guess it’s a physical problem. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@radishism wrote:

I did call and that’s why I have an engineering coming. I guess it’s a physical problem. 

it may well be - in which case you should complain and claim whatever compensation you can - the tech needs a kick up the rear for leaving it like that - you have his name - add that to any complaint

as to the activation - its worth trying again as is a full reset - hold the button a good 30 sec - if it works great if not sure the tech will sort it tomorrow

if there is any justice in this world it will be the same tech who installed it - if so once its up and running you can tell him what you think of him

Tony
0 Kudos