Menu
Levy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

New Install - Left with nothing

Not a good start...

Install date was today.

Guy turned up fitted everything and couldn’t get it working . His reason because it’s down all over the country.

No someone will be in touch . Or an engineer will attend tomorrow. Just told keep trying to turn the modem on every 30minutes.

Ive checked status of area all green ticks.

Does anyone know if I can cancel with these blaggers as I really don’t want to pay a penny to a company that has already failed to deliver what I agreed to and left me with no phone no tv and no broadband when before he arrived I had all.

Customer service is non existent.

Can talk to a real person if looking to join .

Get put on auto bot or hanging on end of phone for over 40 minutes before giving up.

Disgusting.

its like me a gas engineer agreeing a price with a customer to replace her boiler and walking out after taking the old one that was working off the wall and leaving her with one that don’t. Surely they are in breach of contract.

can someone advise me please both on what could be going on and on my cancellation rights. 
Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Install - Left with nothing

They are having activation issues nationally at the moment.  That would mean that even though everything has been installed correctly the hub hasn't been activated and will automatically go through once the fault is fixed, hopefully over night.  Generally a boiler doesn't need activating remotely so its a completely different example

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

are they? not heard about that

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Levy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks...

In that case with hopefully thrown in to the mix.

The install should not have gone ahead.

Going back to the boiler...

Its like me fitting a boiler knowing that the gas provider is having issues and saying hopefully it will be on by the morning.

No different.

Arrived at my house I had services.

Left I have none installs should have been cancelled until such time the issues were sorted.

0 Kudos
SauceBoss
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many on forums having the same issue. 

I had a replacement router today. Exact same issue. Engineer advised activations not working.

Made 3 calls to tech support. Each one the staff member sounded more fed up so I'd say they have been taking the same call all day.

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Provisioning on new equiptment has been a problem all day today i am afraid, system outages outside of the control of the installers. We are working hard to resolve this and all equiptment will come online once the system has been restore.

Please accept our apologies for the delay.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Levy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Jon

Thanks fella...

Im not blaming the installer don’t get me wrong he is just following orders .

Nice of you to take the time .

Just don’t fill a new customer with confidence they made the right choice to change providers. 

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If all the installs were cancelled, you would still have no services.  There would then be a massive backup of installs that would need doing.  So if activations are cleared by 8am and your install has been done you would have a working service.  If as you suggest, the install was cancelled, it would be in 7 days due to the backlog.  Unfortunately faults cant always be predicted  

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Levy,

From time to time like every business we have gremlins in the system but its not normally for long, please be reassure you shouldn't need to do anything as it should just activate once the provisioning system is back online. All activations are in the queue and will go through once restored.

Please accept our apologies again.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Levy
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I would have my services because it wouldn’t have been put through so wind ya attitude in coz it ain’t needed.

0 Kudos