cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub5

babe1970
Tuning in

Hey all! After reading some threads on here, I’ve realised that we are guinea pigs for the new Hub5 which was definitely not made clear at any time before accepting it. 
Our new Smart HP printer and Smart TV will NOT connect to the router, they can’t find the WiFi. My son’s PC didn’t either until he bought a £40 adapter and fitted it. 
If anyone has a solution, it would be greatly appreciated, otherwise as aforementioned on here, I’ll have to get reconnected to our old router which luckily I kept. TIA. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call in and request that they re-activate the old Hub as the 5 is not fit for purpose.

Activation line is 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker off the old Hub and also your account number,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call in and request that they re-activate the old Hub as the 5 is not fit for purpose.

Activation line is 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker off the old Hub and also your account number,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John! Will do. 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @babe1970,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having some trouble with using the Hub 5 and are looking to revert back to your previous router. Have you contacted the team as @jbrennand has recommended, or do you still require our help with this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi!

just getting round to sorting this. I can’t keep waiting on the phone, it’s ridiculous, especially if I’m at work. 

our smart tv and printer still do not connect to the WiFi on Hub5? It’s not fit for purpose and I just need to reconnect the old hub which I have. 

Will it automatically reconnect if I set up the old hub? If so, I can just crack on and do that. 

Thanks

@babe1970 wrote:

Hi!

just getting round to sorting this. I can’t keep waiting on the phone, it’s ridiculous, especially if I’m at work. 

our smart tv and printer still do not connect to the WiFi on Hub5? It’s not fit for purpose and I just need to reconnect the old hub which I have. 

Will it automatically reconnect if I set up the old hub? If so, I can just crack on and do that. 

Thanks

I’m afraid not, no. The old hub 3 would have been deactivated on your account when the 5 was activated, so if you were to reconnect it, it won’t work. You will need to persist on the phone to get the hub 3 reactivated.

Now there are a number of posts here from people in your position who say that when they do finally manage to get through, the offshore customer services staff either can’t understand what they want (presumably, it’s not an option on their scripted responses), or bare-face lie and say it isn’t possible (one user reported being told that the ‘their cables had been upgraded to support the 5 and hence reverting isn’t possible’ - which at least is a genuinely new piece of rubbish to join the list of ‘BS excuses handed out by VM call centre staff’, book available soon from all good booksellers and quite a few dodgy ones as well!)

So what you need to do is call up and follow the options for ‘Thinking of leaving us….’ where you have a  better chance of getting through to someone who a) understands what the issue is, and b) can actually do something about it.

Good luck, your point about the ‘trial’ nature of the hub 5 being offered to customers without really telling them the status of it (well OK, not actually telling them at all); is perfectly valid and understandable. If and when you do get through to VM, you might want to drop the term ‘trading standards’ into the conversation - might concentrate minds somewhat.

John

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

i post this as help

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

if you get offshore either hang up or tell them you want to give 30 days notice - they usually huff and puff and offer you deals but keep at them until they put you through to the uk

once you have a uk agent just forget the 30 day thing and tell them what you want

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @babe1970

Welcome back to our community.

I am sorry you are still having some issues connecting devices to the Hub 5. 

I am going to pop you a private message so we can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide