Menu
RocketingRon
Tuning in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub

The saga continues.

I phone retentions yesterday afternoon and was told that they could do nothing at the moment as their systems were down but I should be able to get a hub 3 and to phone back tomorrow.

I did and was told I should be able to get a Hub 3 and would be transferred to someone who would arrange this.

Not true, I was transferred to offshore technical support who did some testing and I was told that everything was working and if I was having problems it was my devices and asked why I wanted a Hub 3.

I explained about trying to use Virgin Media Connect on my phone and tablet and could not because I only had a Hub 2.

That is because it is only for Hub 3 I was told and you don't even need it.

Cue going round in circles for 5 minutes when I gave up and hung up.

Also it is a bit difficult to suggest I could leave when I am 3 months into an 18 month contract in which I had managed to reduce my bill by £7 a month.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If a VM staff person doesn't offer you a free upgrade on here (c'mon!!) then I would start to play their game.
Call in again and say the wifi on the Hub (never say the word router or you are sunk) has completely gone the 2 SSID's have disappeared and nothing can connect to them - but my wired connection is ok. Go through the restart rigmarole but just say nope - still dead as a dodo - they cannot test the wifi. Be polite but insistent that they send a technician out to fix it "their equipment" as you cannot connect any of your phones, tablets, firesticks, nowtv boxes, etc to the internet. The technician wont waste a nanosecond before just swapping the box.
Alternatively, just switch the SH2 off and call it in again and say its now gone dead completely. Dont do anything when they ask you to switch it on - just repeat the above.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

afaik upgrading to the hub3 to use the app is free - offshore seem not to know this so wander off wanting to take money off you - i thought retentions had this in hand but clearly not

lets give VM a shout

@Rachael_F  @ModTeam 

Tony
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

This page may be worth a visit:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

This page may be worth a visit:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

An interesting new development Ernie !  However, in true VM Catch 22 style........Smiley Frustrated

Screenshot 2019-03-08 at 16.38.09.png

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
RocketingRon
Tuning in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I went through that page and my new hub will be available for collection on Tuesday.

I was trying to use that page on my phone, which is where I was told I would get a new hub, and because it was so small I was missing something.

After seeing it on my 24 in monitor all became clear.

Thanks all

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand  Do you have a Hub 3.0 already? The page, if I understand correctly, is only for those that have been invited to swap to a new Hub. To be fair, though, it should not Oops but say that you don’t qualify.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Nope - but I was sent one a year or 2 ago as part of a free upgrade to 350. But may lad is an avid online gamer was not best pleased I had my hands on the dreaded article - so I cancelled and sent it back. I wouldn't be surprised if that was at the root of me being ineligible for this offer (although I still show as being on Vivid200). However, iirc, I have never been able to change anything on my package using the online process - i have been ooopsed a couple of times previously on TV box/package changes.

--------------------
0 Kudos