cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 5 status page

Drag0nrush
Tuning in

Just wondering if anyone with a new hub 5 can access the router status and downstream stats page without an http error 500 "internal server error" message pop up.  After closing the message, no stats appear.

The upstream, configuration and network log pages work fine.  The router itself is working fine.

25 REPLIES 25

@mjnash wrote:

Wish I could than I could try the hard reset.

The error pops up preventing me from saving the config!

5g currently lasting less than 24 hours

It has to be screamingly obvious that the Hub 5, or at least a proportion of them, have been shipped out to unsuspecting customers with firmware bugs or hardware issues, rendering them unfit to be used. What you need to do is get in touch with VM, and request, no, demand that the Hub 5 be replaced with a 3 or 4 on the grounds that it simply isn’t working and is fatally flawed.

Probably, the call centre drone will not be able to just do this so my advice is to disconnect the Hub 5, call in and say that you have no connectivity, when they say try resetting etc. just play dumb and say you have. Eventually they’ll send an engineer who probably won’t have any 5s and replace it with a 3 or 4 - happy days!

Hi @mjnash

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How are you getting on today with this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

mjnash
On our wavelength

Still unable to do a config backup.

Did a pinhole reset, and redid all my settings, took a while as the error keeps coming up. Still can't backup the config.

5g lasted 22 hours!

Have not booked a call yet, was rather hoping for some magic from VM. ( Software upgrade or contact via this forum as they have done before.)

Daily reboots before the family gets up I think.

At least the TV is hardwired so does not effect streaming.

Hi @mjnash

Thanks for posting on our community forum! Please keep an eye on your inbox, i'm going to drop you a private message.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

mjnash
On our wavelength

Latest pin hole reset seems to have Downloaded a software update.

Let's wait and see if it's more stable over the next few days.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mjnash, 

Thank you for your reply, I have managed to locate your account and checked your power levels, your downstream is critical and requires a tech. I can get this booked in for you asap. I will pop you over a PM.

Zoie