cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 5 status page

Drag0nrush
Tuning in

Just wondering if anyone with a new hub 5 can access the router status and downstream stats page without an http error 500 "internal server error" message pop up.  After closing the message, no stats appear.

The upstream, configuration and network log pages work fine.  The router itself is working fine.

25 REPLIES 25

Hi @corey_c 

Is there somewhere we can officially report these HTTP Error 500 "Internal Server Error" messages ?

Since installing the SuperHub 5 it had been working fine when accessing the Tools > Network Status tabs, but the last reboot has caused the Network Log tab to fail as per the screenshot:Superhub 5 Network Log tab causing Internal Server ErrorSuperhub 5 Network Log tab causing Internal Server Error

Appreciate this is the new Superhub 5 and may be having teething problems, but it's been much less reliable compared to my previous SH3.

It's in Modem only mode so doesn't have to do much apart from maintain a connection to the internet, yet it sometimes (~once a fortnight or so) just completely drops off the network; e.g. the SuperHub webpage is inaccessible via WiFi or Wired connection and only a physical switch off/on again fixes it. 

This happened twice in as many hours today, and since the last physical reboot the Network Log now has the Internal Server Error page.
Sounds like I'll now need to do a full factory pin-hole reset, but pfft, got better things to be doing at the moment... 

HI gaspx, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the issues which you are having with the hub, have you managed to do the pin hole reset? Can you confirm if you are still having issues since posting on Friday? ^Chris 

Hi Chris,

I didn't do a pinhole reset but on the next network drop (seems to be occurring daily at the moment) the Network Log tab was accessible again.

The following day the network dropped out again, and this time when it came back online same 500 error as posted before.

Not sure if it's logging something it can't display to cause the error?!

Current dropping out issues have gotten worse over the past week or so: 

Occurs daily, but not the same time each day.  The hub itself stops responding, e.g can't access the Hub page, just times out.

The Hub does not need a power cycle, after 5-10 mins it comes back online and is accessible. Info page showing the Hub uptime confirms it hasn't reset/rebooted.

A few minutes after the Hub page is accessible the internet comes back online.

I'll post a screen grab of the Network logs when this next occurs. Dropping the internet connection is one thing, but this lack of access to the hub webpage isn't right either!

Network Log from the issue occurring yesterday (which maybe incomplete as it occurred around 15:30, but this was all that was available in the log); MAC addresses have been changed in the log posted below:

28-12-2021 15:31:03noticeCM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 3; Chan ID: N/A; DSID: S; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
28-12-2021 15:30:31warningRNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power Exceeds Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
28-12-2021 15:30:31warningDynamic Range Window violation
28-12-2021 15:30:30warningDBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
28-12-2021 15:30:30warningUnicast DSID PSN startup error
28-12-2021 15:30:28criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Next time it occurs I'll grab a full set of what's going on before/during/after. 

Hi @gaspx, thank you for getting back to us again. Sorry to hear the drop outs seem to be getting worse. 

I am currently unable to see any information regarding the hub as there is an area SNR outage showing with reference F009548332 - however this is due to be resolved by 6pm today. If problems persist after this it may be worth calling the service status line on 0800 561 0061 to see if it has been extended. As @Chris_W1 advised above I would also recommend trying a pinhole reset to see if this clears the issue. If you are still having issues following the end of the outage, and the pinhole reset please get back to us so we look into it further for you. 

All the best, Molly. 

Molly

Thanks Molly.

Another two outages today, this time I just rebooted the router to get back online again as it's quicker than waiting for it to sort itself out, but also noticed the Network Log are somewhat "random" in what they show.

Example pre-Reboot when the connection dropped @ 16:05, note the timings of the previous entries at 12:55, 12:54, 12:43:
Screenshot 2021-12-31_Dropped.jpg

Post Reboot @16:10 and all back online, but none of the above entries are shown and a completely different set of entries are displayed instead!?:

Screenshot 2021-12-31_POST_REBOOT.jpg

We've gone slightly off topic with my particular internet dropping issues, but Internal Server Error 500 and inconsistent display of Network Log data isn't especially helpful when troubleshooting issues!

@gaspx as per reporting the Hub’s web server falling over, just mentioning it in this forum is probably the best you can get regarding formal reporting of issues, although it has to be inconceivable that VM aren’t aware that the Hub 5 does have some serious problems/not fit for purpose ‘features’.

Now, of course, normally when new equipment is being deployed and the stability of it isn’t entirely established, then some kind of trial group is setup with firm undertaking and understanding that this is ‘new’ ie unreliable, equipment and in the event of issue please report them to xxxxx. Alas this seems not to have been done in this case, can’t think why (oh, did someone say corporate and managerial incompetence? Possibly but I really couldn’t comment!)

mjnash
On our wavelength

Have Noticed that my Hub 5 is having the same issue, cant click on any page in the router config without the error popping up, with the added fault that the 5G signal drops out completely. Hub says 5G is on, but no wireless devices can see the 5G.

Reboot seems to the 5G issue for about 24 hours.

Don't really want to keep doing the pin-hole reset, as I have customized my Network names and password away from the supplied one. Pin Hole reset looses all this configuration.

@mjnash wrote:

Have Noticed that my Hub 5 is having the same issue, cant click on any page in the router config without the error popping up, with the added fault that the 5G signal drops out completely. Hub says 5G is on, but no wireless devices can see the 5G.

Reboot seems to the 5G issue for about 24 hours.

Don't really want to keep doing the pin-hole reset, as I have customized my Network names and password away from the supplied one. Pin Hole reset looses all this configuration.

You can backup/reload your settings:

Wish I could than I could try the hard reset.

The error pops up preventing me from saving the config!

5g currently lasting less than 24 hours