cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 5 not working and now I have no internet.

Simonslw
Tuning in

I have just received a Hub 5 today, plugged it and followed the instructions to get it activated. Received a text message to say all done yet it is just sitting there with a blue flashing light (which apparently means WPS) but I have no internet whatsoever. As this one has now been activated my old one will now not work.

I called up tech support who run some tests and said there was an error and they have to escalate it and could take 24 hours for someone to get back to me! Absolute joke, clearly they have sent me faulty equipment or something has been messed up their side as my internet was fine before I plugged this in. 

Has anyone else had this with just a constant blue flashing light? It extremely concerning as that is apparently WPS and not a even a fault light so something is not right!

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Simonslw wrote:

I have just received a Hub 5 today, plugged it and followed the instructions to get it activated. Received a text message to say all done yet it is just sitting there with a blue flashing light (which apparently means WPS) but I have no internet whatsoever. As this one has now been activated my old one will now not work.

I called up tech support who run some tests and said there was an error and they have to escalate it and could take 24 hours for someone to get back to me! Absolute joke, clearly they have sent me faulty equipment or something has been messed up their side as my internet was fine before I plugged this in. 

Has anyone else had this with just a constant blue flashing light? It extremely concerning as that is apparently WPS and not a even a fault light so something is not right!

Try a full reset (30 second pin hole press).

theres a good few posts the same today - a reset is the first thing to try if that does not work ring them and get them to reactivate whatever hub you have - unplug the hub5 and just say its faulty 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

kannanni
On our wavelength

I had egzactly the same word by word. Tried the pin reset 30 sec too. They escalated mine too. IHowever you should have asked them to activate your old hub if you haven’t done it yet