cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 5 - No Options!

arfurmix
Joining in

Hi,

Just got the HUB 5 and I had some questions but the helpdesk couldn't assist. Hoping someone from Virgin looks at this forum.

Before unplugging my old HUB i've connected to the HUB5 to check out the settings but there seems to be stuff missing.

1. I can't see where SIP ALG is disabled.

2. I can't change the default LAN IP from 192.168.0.1

3. I can't see where VPN pass through is enabled.

I really don't want to use the new router in modem mode because, well, whats the point 😉 , if i can't change the above settings i'll just stick with what works for me at the moment. ( HUB3 in modem mode and a DECO ). FYI, the wireless on the HUB 5 is great so i'm hoping to retire the DECO.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

Neither 1 or 3 of those options exist on the Hub 5. They didn't on the 3 or 4 either.

I believe you may still be able to change the LAN IP or at least change the third octet (the last one has to be 1), so 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.3.1 (but not 192.168.1.1 as that is reserved for the guest wifi, even if you don't use it).

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

also note the Hub 5 is an invite only trial.  Welcome to the cutting edge of technology 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Use it in modem mode

@arfurmix wrote:

I really don't want to use the new router in modem mode because, well, whats the point 😉 ,

Because ISP should not do NAT thats down to you no matter what VM does in router mode you will be unhappy

if you count the things you are unhappy about modem mode vs router mode it be like this:

modem mode one WAN IP to one MAC thats all you be unhappy about well maybe wireless but that a extra 

router mode anything you can think of its like VM solved one problem and made lots more.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, arfurmix,

Unfortunately these options would not be available in the advanced settings. We can only recommend using the hub in standard mode but if you require a bespoke config then legacy1 is correct that it may be best to put it in modem mode and have the rest of the config via your personal router.

Cheers,

Corey C