Menu
Battersea2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New Hub 4 not working

Upgraded from hub 3 to hub 4, router admin says “no internet DS detected”. Virgin call centres shut at weekend and I need to be online 24/5 during week for work, so pretty poor service from virgin. No way to activate kit or solve issues. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub 4 not working

All new  / replacement electronic equipment needs to be activated.

Hub Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Battersea2020
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not helpful - please read my post - how can i activate at the weekends?

Remote activation via text or customer portal should be a no brainer.

All VM call centres seem to be shut.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It might not be the answer you want but is is THE answer !!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Battersea2020
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

frustrating that in 10 years since building DSL checkers with BT virgin's not figured out how to do this!

Have they solved the issue from last week with the Hub 4.0 activations going wrong? (posted in the forum about this)

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

why have you changed from a hub3 is it faulty or some sort of upgrade - if you have not activated the hub4 then its likely the hub3 is still activated - so assuming it works put it back on and wait until monday to do the swop

Tony
0 Kudos
Battersea2020
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

as said in orginal post, I start work at 6am monday and run an online business - so cant be offline waiting for virgin to faff around.

hub4 was free upgrade from hub3 (on the highest available package from VM which is usually good)

Did try activating thursday evening but was told by VM staff that "all the hub 4 activations have broken and we dont know when it will be fixed"

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Reconnect the Hub 3 until you get an opportunity to get it all sorted in one go.

Apart from that get a commercial / business contract to run your online business instead of a domestic service.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Battersea2020 wrote:

as said in orginal post, I start work at 6am monday and run an online business - so cant be offline waiting for virgin to faff around.

hub4 was free upgrade from hub3 (on the highest available package from VM which is usually good)

Did try activating thursday evening but was told by VM staff that "all the hub 4 activations have broken and we dont know when it will be fixed"

then maybe you should be on a business package - they have SLA's - no such thng on here

as a domestic customer the level of service is what it is - you call it faffing about - VM call it sorting it as and when

so are you on the 1gig package - afaik they have their own team to sort things - are they working at weekends - sorry dont know

you ignored my earlier suggestion about trying the hub3 - if as you say the hub4 is not activated the 3 could still work - other than that all you have is the phone until VM pick the thread up in a day or few

as to hub4 activation being broken - it may be there again you could just have got BS to get you off the phone - certainly nothing reported here that i have seen

Tony
0 Kudos
Battersea2020
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

fitting a business line is overkill, but equally I'm very aware of how to plug in the old box - was more looking for suggestions as to fixing the issue with plugging in new box.

as to faffing - i've worked in ISPs & more core network areas before so very aware of best practice and whats possible, hence you're possibly right about BS from Call centre staff (which again is poor service if so)

Not on the 1gig, thats northern england for the most part.

0 Kudos