cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 4. Constant red light on setup.

Durbin39
Tuning in

Hello, 

We recently moved into our new house and have signed up with Virgin Media for our WiFi. Upon receiving the Hub 4 I followed the setup guide, however, the flashing white light is followed by a solid red light.

I have made sure every connection is fitted properly and even tried multiple Ethernet ports (just in case). Having read other accounts of the same problem on this forum I have also tried the reset button - but no luck. 

I assume, having seen similar issues on this forum, that the next step is a technician visit. Unfortunately I can’t seem to find the live chat option, so posting here in the hope someone from the team can help!

I must say I am very disappointed, having wasted hours attempting to resolve this issue and now having to pay for WiFi that I can’t use. 

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the hub been activated? 

Don’t think so. Whenever I try and check status on my account it says it needs setting up - which I can’t do due to the red light. 

Are you saying Virgin need to do something on their end to activate it? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call the activation line on 0800 953 9500. 

Called, activated & no luck - still solid red unfortunately (tried it twice). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a 30 second pinhole reset of the hub. 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Durbin39, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Please allow me to send you a PM to discuss this further, so we can get a technician out to you to get things working.

Please expect this message to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

@Cardiffman281 - thanks for the suggestions, but have tried it and didn’t work. 

@Tom - just replied!