cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 4.0 red light

adamsricardo
Joining in

Hi,

Received a new hub 4.0 yesterday, but when I try and set up after about 5 mins the red light comes on and stays on. Help section suggests it's a problem with my connection. Spoke to someone at virgin last night and they suggested leaving it for 2 hours, which I did, no change. When I connect my old hub 3.0 back up ( which I am on now,) that works fine with no issue so my connections seem fine. Help!

12 REPLIES 12

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it a new connection or an upgrade. If upgrade does your old hub still work? If so new hub has not been activated. If new connection either hub not activated or cable disconnected at street cabinet if you have wired up the coax ok. Try

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

If that fails then:

pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

to get hub activated 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi, it's an upgrade, old hub still works fine. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Then the upgrade has not gone through correctly yet - as only one VM Hub can be active on your account at any one time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks both. Going to try again Sunday when I have a bit of time and patience!

One thing I would say however is there is no mention of calling the set up number with the instructions that came with the hub?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @adamsricardo,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your Hub.

Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub
Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible
Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.
If the Hub does not boot up or boots back up let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

Not attempting again until Friday when I am off work all day. Gone back to my old hub 3.0 until then, which is working fine. Will get back in touch if I have issues on Friday 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If the Hub3 goes dead - then its probably because VM have at long last activated the Hub4 onto your account - when that happens - the old Hub auto-deactivates,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi adamsricardo,

Welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced with your new Hub 4, from checking our service I can see that levels seem to be in spec now.

How is the Hub currently?

Thanks,

Kain