Menu
BasicallyJason
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New Hub 3 not connected to internet. Solid green power bar, solid wifi light, flashing arrows

We've just joined virgin and had our self install pack sent out yesterday. We've been trying for 24 hours straight to get this to work. The wifi is available for devices to connect to, but has no internet. The settings on pc say that internet access is disabled. The automated call helplibe says that the router is not online. We don't have the Virgin media wall socket, only a cable coming through the wall and an old virgin media box with some sort of ethernet port.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub 3 not connected to internet. Solid green power bar, solid wifi light, flashing arrows

have you activated it - 0800 953 9500 - other than that post some photos of the cable you have coming in

Tony
0 Kudos
BasicallyJason
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub 3 not connected to internet. Solid green power bar, solid wifi light, flashing arrows

Tried activating by text

0 Kudos
BasicallyJason
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Snapchat-1058938632.jpg

Snapchat-1574805640.jpg

  

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

not sure what i am looking at - the coax coming through the wall with the phone wire is the one i would connect to - that looks to be the input - what is the cable you are holding

you need one of these

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

to add the cable that came with the quickstart but initially just connect the hub to that and see what happens

Tony
0 Kudos
BasicallyJason
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

• We already have that part and have set it up as you recommended. Still the same result

Snapchat-1214410858.jpg

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ok - then try the activation line again - if that does not help you need a tech

Tony
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do as Tony says as the activation can be "troublesome", but remember, VM send out Quickstart packs to customers in locations that have had a previous connection - but they dont actually "test" the connection to see if it is still working - you are doing that for them!  I would always recommend paying for the Tech install just to cover this.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BasicallyJason, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for the trouble you've had activating the services - if the helpful advice above doesn't solve the issue please get back to me via PM and I'll be able to arrange an engineer for you.

Tom 

0 Kudos