cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 3 arrived broken and rattling

brisew
Tuning in

Received a new Hub 3 which was poorly packaged and on opening it up there are moving and loose parts inside the Hub which doesn't appear to be able to be opened. Please can we be sent a replacement Hub 3. Video here     

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

staff take a few days to get to threads - if more urgent than that you need to ring - 150 or 0345 454 1111 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Anonymous
Not applicable
sounds like the mini pcie wifi card may have popped off the board

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that i know off. And as the hub is VMs i wouldn't try. You'll need to return it or be charged if you leave.
I'll flag the post and see if i can get staff here any faster

12 REPLIES 12

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

staff take a few days to get to threads - if more urgent than that you need to ring - 150 or 0345 454 1111 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Anonymous
Not applicable
sounds like the mini pcie wifi card may have popped off the board

Thanks. Probably. Sadly there doesn't appear to be a way to fix it unless there's a way of opening the plastic shell.     

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that i know off. And as the hub is VMs i wouldn't try. You'll need to return it or be charged if you leave.
I'll flag the post and see if i can get staff here any faster

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post, I'll pop you over a private message to pass some security.

Thanks, Emily.

Diesel0801
Tuning in

I have just picked mine up due to a house move in 4 days and mines rattling like this. I searched this on google to see if it was normal and found this thread.

dose it effect the box in any way or is it still ok to use?

Hi @Diesel0801

Thanks for posting!

Have you seen the performance suffer at all with your Hub? How is the broadband performing?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Been working fine up till now, only just unplugged and moved to my new home. A technician is coming out Saturday to install our new line and set it up.

sounds like something plastic is rattling around and can see what looks like a small spring rattling around though one of the air holes 

I see @Diesel0801 - the best option would be to discuss this with the engineer and they'll let you know.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs