Menu
sijokurian
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Fibre Broadband Installation

Hi. I had signed up for new fiber broadband and had received the installation date as well. How ever on the installation day, when the engineer arrived he observed the cabling was not done. He called the cabling team and they advised me that I need to lay the cable under the brick pavement. Since some stretch is common road with my neighbour I asked them to reschedule so that I can update my neighbour as well. They were happy to reschedule the work. Now I have got the approval from my neighbour to lay under the brick pavement. How ever when I called Virgin Media installation team they said the order is cancelled as they can't lay the cable.

I am bit confused as they were ready to do the work last week and now they don't want to serve my house. Tried installation team couple of times without much luck.

Do I have any more options to try here.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Fibre Broadband Installation

Were you asked to sign a wayleave?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
sijokurian
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No. I haven't been asked to sign anything.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sijokurian,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm sorry that you've had difficulty arranging an installation.

I can see from our system notes that the property has been noted as unserviceable by our local team. They have attended the property to check the necessary construction work and found that considerable work would be required. The budget has been assessed and these works have been declined.

Unfortunately, this means you will not be able to go ahead with an installation at this time, as you have been advised on the phone.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos