Menu
seandesigner
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Engineer Installation

Hi,

I was due to have my virgin media connected in my new house last Tuesday.  The engineer arrived and went straight to the living room with a box in his hand.  He seemed baffled that I didn't have a cable there waiting for him.  He looked around the outside of the house for a couple of minutes and said there was no cable so he couldn't install.  

It was my understanding from all the online videos/text that if there is no cable to the property the engineer would install it. so this left me very disappointed in what Virgin say they would offer.

The engineer said that the cable must have been been cut/removed when some front garden landscaping had been done.  He then re booked an appointment for me this coming Thursday for installation.

I've had no indication that any routing of cable will be done before that date.  So my question is, Will the engineer on Thursday route the cable from the small Catv hatch on the path in front of my house on the day or does this need further ground work?

I've looked in the Catv hatch, there are 2 cables in it.  One leads towards my house in a small green corrugated pipe. It appears however that this pipe is quickly cut short on the path itself as it has been uncovered in the tarmac.

If anyone could help inform me what is in involved that would be great. I'm worried they'll turn up and say they cant install again. 

Cheers

Sean

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Engineer Installation

Hi as the day you say they are expected is only 3 days away I would phone, because it will take 3 or 4 days for a virgin person to respond on here.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In case you dont have it, The Pre-installation and delivery team are on:- 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
seandesigner
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, i'll give them a call.

0 Kudos