cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Wifi visible but no internet connection

Diegohs87
Joining in

I received the self installation kit on Wednesday, followed the instruction and install everything, but my hub 5, kept a blue light blinking so I called customer serviced. The person on the phone told me he was going to do some checks and activation and that maximum 24 hours will be sorted.
24 hours later still the same blue light and no connection.
I can see the Wifi and connect to it, but there is no internet connection, same if I use an ethernet cable.

I called again, and this time the person on the phone told me that it hadn't been activated. In theory I thought that was the first person did on Wednesday but apparently he didnt. So they did activate again, and still same problem so I know have to wait for an enginer 4 more days without having any kind of service.
Very dissapointing process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should be due compensation for delayed installation. Make sure you get it:

"Installation date is delayed

For any delayed installation, we’ll automatically calculate what you’re owed and apply it to your bill, without you having to do a thing!

1. If you’ve arranged a self-install via our QuickStart service, we’ll treat delivery of your kit as the installation date. If for any reason you experience you can’t get any service once you’ve received the kit, chat to us online or give our friendly team a call on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or mobile, or on 0345 454 1111* from any phone to register a loss of service issue.

As with any total loss of service, if we’re not able to resolve the problem within 2 full working days from you contacting us, we’ll automatically credit your bill with one payment (at £9.33 per day for how many days the issue lasted after the first 2 days) until once it’s fixed."

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should be due compensation for delayed installation. Make sure you get it:

"Installation date is delayed

For any delayed installation, we’ll automatically calculate what you’re owed and apply it to your bill, without you having to do a thing!

1. If you’ve arranged a self-install via our QuickStart service, we’ll treat delivery of your kit as the installation date. If for any reason you experience you can’t get any service once you’ve received the kit, chat to us online or give our friendly team a call on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or mobile, or on 0345 454 1111* from any phone to register a loss of service issue.

As with any total loss of service, if we’re not able to resolve the problem within 2 full working days from you contacting us, we’ll automatically credit your bill with one payment (at £9.33 per day for how many days the issue lasted after the first 2 days) until once it’s fixed."

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for your answer!
Do you think I am entitled to compensation since the day I received the self-install kit?
I won't have any service until Monday the least, with the added problem that I work from home and I might need to take a day off because of being unable to work due to no internet. Which I doubt they compensate for that.

Thanks again

Diegohs87
Joining in

If I go to the hub website throught the browser, I can see 
Wireless (On (2.4 and 5ghz))
Internet (Partial Service (US Only))

in network status
acquired downstream------unlocked

ranged upstream channel ---- in progress
provisioning state------ us parameters acquired

not sure if any of this can tell anything about my issue

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The activation has failed as your hub is unable to connect to the network. Therefore you fulfil the criteria for total loss of service since your installation date when you received your hub. Virgin have 2 working days to fix it. After that the compensation (which is an OFCOM obligation) kicks in until your service is working again.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Diegohs87 wrote:

If I go to the hub website throught the browser, I can see 
Wireless (On (2.4 and 5ghz))
Internet (Partial Service (US Only))

in network status
acquired downstream------unlocked

ranged upstream channel ---- in progress
provisioning state------ us parameters acquired

not sure if any of this can tell anything about my issue

Simple one there. No downstream signal lock, no service. Your hub is sending requests on its primary upstream channel to connect to the local network but is unable to lock to any of the 30 odd downstream channels from the headend. It is a wiring issue either at your property or in the street cabinet which will require a network technician to investigate.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Diegohs87, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'm sorry to hear of the service issues you've been experiencing since attempting the Quickstart installation.

Can you please confirm if there's anything further that is required from us on the Forums today, or if this has now indeed been resolved?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Hi David_Bn 

Thanks, this is now ressolved.
My only doubt now is how can I get compensation for this, since the engineer told me it was a problem from Virgin because the cable was faulty and he had to replace it. I have been without service since the day I received the kit which was Wednesday, a total of 5 days.

Thanks

Hi @Diegohs87 

Thanks for coming back to us. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill