cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Order Cancelled because of cable pull required ???

cwiggy78
Tuning in

New Customer.

Patiently waited 5 weeks for a sub contractor to come to outside of property and complete ground works which was completed successfully with pavement dig and a new black Cat V access plate to front of property. (Admittedly there is some significant damage to my house main wall where it meets the pavement which they have tried to fill in with extra tarmac, but that is an argument for another day).

Today (Good Friday 15/04/22) the Engineer who was a great friendly guy turns up for install and upon discovery with myself that there is no cable under the Cat V access plate informs me that he cannot proceed because there is no cable to the property. Basically he states I require a 'cable pull' but assures me its a couple of hours job for the sub contractor and that he'll inform customer services that this needs to commence before an engineer can come back to the property to complete the install.

Customer Services phone me 3 hours later to try and arrange for a new install date on Fri 6th May 22.  I was very understanding of this and not concerned. I explained again that the engineer has stated that the cable-pull will be required to be completed before an install can commence. I was placed on hold for 1 min and then to my bemusement and horror I was subsequently told that 'my property was unserviceable' and that they were closing the order as uncompletable.

Suffice to say and true to her word they have closed the order.

Are they kidding me ???? It's fair to say i am raging at this point. I'm absolutely speechless.

I'm pretty sure the customer services representative has got her wires crossed (She was foreign and perhaps something has been lost in translation) with what the Engineer has put on his notes.

Is there anyone on this forum who works for Virgin Media in an official capacity that can actually look into this for me ?

Hopefully,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Decided to stay with my current provider.

Please consider this closed.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@cwiggy78 wrote:

New Customer.

<snip>

I'm pretty sure the customer services representative has got her wires crossed (She was foreign and perhaps something has been lost in translation) with what the Engineer has put on his notes.

Is there anyone on this forum who works for Virgin Media in an official capacity that can actually look into this for me ?

Hopefully,

Chris

Entirely plausible that your 'lost-in-translation' theory is correct.

If you have a look through many of the similar topics on this forum, you will see that for some unlucky customers a 'simple' cable installation can head way off track, after which classic VM chaos, confusion and long delays follow.

If you have had the ground works done, then it sounds like you 'just' need the cable pulling through.

The VM forum team usually reply on here within a day or two (may be longer over the BH w/e). They will do their best to help you but they are having to work with a totally disjointed and broken system to try to get information from the different parties involved about what is going on with your installation.

Hi,

@goslow

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure they have misinterpreted the Engineer notes.

What is concerning me is that I now currently  do not have an ongoing order. as its been totally closed and cancelled.  Doesn't even show on the Virgin Media app.

How will this ever progress ?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@cwiggy78 wrote:

<snip>

How will this ever progress ?

I am sorry to say that the answer to that question is probably 'very slowly and painfully' (especially as you may well have now been marked as 'unserviceable').

The bank holiday weekend is going to hamper your progress further until next week.

I would probably suggest just biding your time and wait for the VM forum team to get to your post if you can wait. Unlike other branches of VM support, you will get a proper reply and they will try their best to help you.

If you want to chance your luck on the phones, you could try ringing in and going through the 'thinking of leaving us' route (although technically you haven't actually joined yet!). Try that first thing when the lines open (08:00 on normal week days) for the best chance of getting through to a UK agent who will hopefully have a bit more comprehension of your situation.

There is also a pre-install team number which I think is 0800 052 1734 (although most comments on here about them suggest they are equally non-sensical as the offshore support bunch). You could, however, try them.

Hi,

To be honest i'm not going to phone round the houses i'm too long in the tooth to waist hours of my day hanging on the end of a phone.

I will await someone responding in an official capacity on this post and hope they will look into this for me.

I can provide my customer account number and I also have a complaint reference number (that I filed about an hour before the customer services contacted me this afternoon). I'm pretty sure the customer services were contacting me because they had received the engineer update as he filed it sat in his van outside my property and not in response of my complaint i had emailed.

Thanks for your responses.  I appreciate it.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You might like to unmark the 'helpful answer' at #4 while waiting.

It marks the topic as 'solved' and I have never worked out if doing that actually delays a response from the VM forum team or not on here.

Hopefully they will get to your topic ASAP and do something useful to help you.

Just to add to my woes,

I'm a mid house on a terrace and just decided to walk along my front house wall about 5 meters to check next doors Cat V access plate on the pavement. Sure enough next door neighbour has an unused Virgin Media cable sat coiled up there.  The girl that lives there is on Sky broadband so has zero intention of using it.

I'm so annoyed with myself that I didn't think to check it when the installation Engineer was here at my house yesterday. I'm positive he'd have pulled it back the 5m to my house. Gutted

But apparently from Customer Services - my house is 'unserviceable'.

I sincerely hope someone representing Virgin Media can help me out on this one after the Easter weekend.

Decided to stay with my current provider.

Please consider this closed.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cwiggy78, 

Thank you for your update I am sorry for the issues you had with us.

All the best.

Zoie