cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - New address needs adding to VM database

mpiercy
Joining in

My new address is not on your VM database, do you have a form you can send to me to register so I can then have a service engineer to call so I can join as a new customer? 

10 REPLIES 10

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I assume by this that the other addresses in the street are serviceable & on the database?

Have you tried searching for others or are there other physical connections you can see?

If it is just you a spotter can be sent out to assess. If there are no other connections it is possible the road is not serviced.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

1. I assume by this that the other addresses in the street are serviceable & on the database? Have you tried searching for others or are there other physical connections you can see?

Yes the whole street has Virgin cable. Next door 29b School Lane (part of a terrace row 7 years old), is on your DB has outside box 2 feet from my adjoining front door.

2. If it is just you a spotter can be sent out to assess.

Please send a spotter to get it on the system.. I am already trying to get hold of the Virgin Sales Advisor (his card says Ian removed ) who called two weeks ago and said it was possible. But I thought he was a sales person.

Nicholas Piercy

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi there @mpiercy, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

We'd love to have you join us. Just to confirm have you been able to register your interest and check to see if we can service your property on our postcode checker here?

If you have already done this then the next best thing to do would be to speak with our sales team on 0800 183 1234 so they can see if a spotter can be arranged.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

- Just to confirm have you been able to register your interest and check to see if we can service your property on our postcode checker here?

Your post code checker does not show my house number

- If you have already done this then the next best thing to do would be to speak with our sales team on 0800 183 1234 so they can see if a spotter can be arranged.

I have spoken to the Sales Team, they cannot do anything without my address being on your postcode checker. They do not have the option on their system to request this be checked and added.

What should I do to register my interest to have this done to become a new Virgin Media customer, (as next door has it)??

Mark

Thanks for coming back to us @mpiercy.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon,

Hope you've had a great weekend. 

I have popped you a private message just to check that you have had this resolved now or to see if you still require assistance.

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Problem not resolved 29a address not on Virgin Database.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

The team are looking into this now @mpiercy and they should be in touch with you soon via the contact number you provided in your private message.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi mpiercy,

I've checked with my colleague and this is still being looked into.

Alex_Rm