Menu
davemack1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

New Customer. Installation shambles.

Is this the way it is going to be then?

Ordered service on xmas day. Given installation date of Jan 8th. Nobody knocked on door but two green arrows painted on the street. One phone call by almost totally unintelligible customer service assistant. Thought  I heard "there are problems--we will get back to you"  Since then not a peep.

Two requests 1. get somebody to make contact with account number ************ area 06    2. explain to me what compensation you are lining up for this very disappointed new customer.  Ta.

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer. Installation shambles.

nobody needed to knock on your door, that part of the installation was external to your property.
what compenstation do you feel you are entitled to? what loss have you incurred?

clearly the external install team have found a problem, probably blocked ducking or something similar, meaning the installation as it stood couldn't continune.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

if it was a blocked duct which seems likely then you are looking at a minimum of 6 weeks - you need to contact the install team

as said above - there is likely to be no compensation - you can ask but dont hold your breath - install dates assume everything will go to plan - they cannot know until they actually try to pull the cable 

Tony
0 Kudos
davemack1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Team,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to reply to my original post.

But I believe I may be ‘coming at this’ from a slightly different approach.

A different approach formed by some 40 years of getting the corporate ‘run around’.

I expect the following.

1. The installation team to have the common courtesy to knock on my door, say who they are and what they are doing. Then crack on.   I actually arranged for someone to be at home for the entire day as a specific time for this work could not be advised.
  2. If they get problems (and I fully realise that problems do occur—this is my job out in the ‘real world’) then let me know as well as updating their own contacts and deskbound colleagues.
  3. These deskbound colleagues should then keep me well in the loop with future progress.
  4. I should have to make ABSOLUTELY NO CALLS myself.

By pushing these large companies to ‘up their game’ we can all benefit as they strive to improve their service levels.

By remaining quiet or doing all the’ spade work’ ourselves we simply get what we are given.

But thanks again for your input.

I do appreciate it.

Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi davemack1,
Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad 
It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 
It sounds as though someone did contact you to let you know there were issues however sometimes it can take several weeks to get things sorted. As alot of the goings on would be internal, Like planning, costing, getting the relevant permits etc, you wouldn't be contacted at these stages. It will be when we are ready to install you. 

If you would prefer to be kept in the loop at each of these stages then you can speak to the team on 0800 052 1734.

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davemack1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath

Suddenly, today, 31st Jan a flurry of email, text and voice messages!!

A new installation date of Feb 13th is set.

Lets see how we get on.

I will post back with the results.

On this you can be sure

Thanks again

dm

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

That's great news dm Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how things progress. 

We're here if you need anything. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davemack1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I have to report that another Virgin sub contracting team turned up today, looked at the fibre presentation in the road, shook their heads, told us "it is all wrong" and that this will delay the Feb13th installation date.  "Somebody from Virgin Media will contact you with an update"  Lets see shall we?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the further delays davemack1, have you been able to speak to the install team to get an update on this and whether it will delay the date given?

Rob

0 Kudos
davemack1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No Rob---all the information I have is that given to me by the Virgin installation team that attended my property yesterday. As he said "Virgin Media will contact you with an update" I am very keen for Virgin Media to actually do just that and 'do their bit'.  I am 'hell bent' on encouraging the corporate world to deliver on all the hype surrounding customer service.  My day to day working life involves a 'shed load' of fairly large project work in the car manufacturing industry and my experience is that if you do the work for them the corporate providers of utilities will let you carry on doing the work for them. The minute I hear back from Virgin I will post and time stamp here on this board. Usually at this point excuses start to arise and get more and more unbelievable. Watch this space and once again Rob thank you for your interest and time.

0 Kudos