cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract Start Date Delay

sajyboy
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I renewed my contract from Oomph M200 to Volt 350 last Thursday, the Oomph contract ended on the 16th of this month. I have received the O2 SIM which is now in my phone and working.  The Virgin Broadband speed is still at 200M, I have checked the router Status/Configuration info and it has not been changed/updated. 

The O2 SIM is activated/working, but the broadband is still waiting to be activated, even though I am now out of contract with regards to the previous Oomph.  I'd would've liked/expected both O2/Virgin SIM/broadband to be activated at the same time. 

Please could this process be expedited? 

Regards, 

sH

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sajyboy,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm glad to hear that you have chosen to upgrade to our Volt package! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your speeds have not been upgraded just yet! It can take up to two weeks from placing your order for your speeds to be upgraded. I understand that this is not ideal, but I can assure you that our teams are working to have this implemented for you.

Have you rebooted your Hub recently? Please reboot your Hub and keep an eye on your speeds on your online account. Are you checking your speeds via a wired Ethernet cable connection to ensure accuracy? If two weeks pass and your speeds have not been upgraded yet, we will be more than happy to look into this for you. You can take a look at our Volt FAQ page for more information about this issue. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

sajyboy
On our wavelength

Hi, 

As per your instruction, it's been 2 weeks since my New Contract / old contract expired.  I followed your instructions, restarted the router this morning but the speed is still at 200M.  Could you look into this. 

Regards,

sH

Hi sH,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still not receiving your increased speeds. I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take a look into this for you.

Please look out for my PM over at the purple envelope

Beth