Menu
Tonkatoy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Cable Installed, but no engineer to connect it

Had a new cable pulled to the property yesterday, but no engineer called to connect it to the house. Virgin passing me about various departments on the phone and saying the field engineers have signed the job off as complete !

So had no phone for a month since joining virgin and now having took yesterday off work and helped in the cable pull. I now have no internet either. Cablenlaid at side of house awaiting engineers visit.

No one can tell me when an engineer will come, as the field team are not answering their phone apparently !

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Cable Installed, but no engineer to connect it

cable pull team is different to techs who will do the connection in/at the property - the techs usually are booked a day or two later on a new install - not sure how it works with a re pull

staff here take a week or so to get to threads so you need to go back to phoning - start here

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

maybe not the right dept but worth the call 

Tony
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Cable Installed, but no engineer to connect it

Hi Tonkatoy, 
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community. 
We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 
I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos