cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build connection

Albadave
Joining in

New build house in an established community, Virgin is not recognising our house address even though we have been registered with the PO for over six months. Other houses in the street are recognised with package options available, how can we get our property recognised on the Virgin platform, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need a “spotter” to come out to assess whether the ducting needs to be modified to serve the new property. Only existing properties from the date of the original cable ducting installation (usually late 1990s) will be on the current database.

A member of the Forum Team here will be in touch shortly to get this arranged.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need a “spotter” to come out to assess whether the ducting needs to be modified to serve the new property. Only existing properties from the date of the original cable ducting installation (usually late 1990s) will be on the current database.

A member of the Forum Team here will be in touch shortly to get this arranged.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Albadave,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

So we can get this raised I've dropped you a PM. 

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Hi all, 

im am also in the same position as the poster of this thread! I’m struggle to get anywhere with anything so any updates or help would be appreciated! 

Hi @MattBall.

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues when trying to get an update on this issue. We can understand the frustration caused. I can however see you are in contact with my colleague via private messages. Please remain in contact there and he will do his best to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Do you have any other options?

If you do, then save yourself the pain, time, stress, days of work etc. and go with a proper company.

Virgin Media are beyond awful and will just lie to you at every opportunity.

Good luck trying to get though to their customer services without being hung up on, because they have a very, very, very bad habit of just cutting the line on you.

Seriously, they are beyond awful.

Hi newcustacbc1, 

I must admit the main sales line has been pretty poor! I’m just waiting for a response from the guy on this forum. 

There are other options however none of them are A) anywhere near as cheap. B) not as reliable as I have previously found virgin services to be C) I can’t get the 1gb line which virgin have. 

so i really wouldn’t want to be going to another company if virgin can fix what I see is a fairly easy fix?

It does seem as though you have ended up with front line sales staff that just don’t care! 

Albadave
Joining in

Virgin connections made contact, they were delighted to advise the new fibre line was active and ready for connections, however they were were referring to the houses across the street (not a wide street, so about 30ft away) not the eight new builds once I flagged this up there was a step back with a promise to look into the issue. Now they advise we should apply later as it is not currently possible to connect us. No explanation why we cannot be connected to a network that runs throughout the street.

I asked if this was due to our not being connected to BT (even though the BT line is in the house) as yet no reply.

Is it because the fibre line runs down the opposite side of the street and not along our adjacent pavement, due to the planning being put in place before our houses were planned, very possible but with nothing from Virgin apart from "try later" we just do not know, not knowing leaves us wondering just what the problem is and could we have done anything our end to alleviate the issue. There is a lack of effort from Virgin to offer a full explanation, I think they are happy to connect those clients that require no effort and tough to the minority not in the easy to reach bracket.

No consideration for a client that has been with them in the last house since the early days around 20 years ago........

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Albadave wrote:

<snip> I think they are happy to connect those clients that require no effort and tough to the minority not in the easy to reach bracket. <snip>

Based on reading many similar past topics on here, I'd say you are correct and this is indeed your answer.

Not much consolation but you have at least had a 'no' (or an indication of general disinterest) from VM at the start of your enquiries, so you have some idea of where you stand. There have been a few topics on here where VM has strung the customer along for months on end with the pretence of an ongoing installation, only for VM to eventually cancel the job when it looked as if it was going to be too costly or complicated, as per newcustabc1 (and often without even telling the waiting customer).

Albadave
Joining in

I write this in the hopes the VM team will respond with the requested details, or any other forum member that may also have these details

Appreciate the front line VM team are undertaking their duties as per their scope of work, my request for connection (and the other seven houses in the street) is probably out with their area of responsibility, can they please forward details of the VM staff/department that can make the decision on community connections.

If you cannot offer these details then can you please register a formal complaint and forward details on your complaints procedure, these must be well set out as part of the QA process that every company has to adhere to as part of there ISO registration.

I have no issue with front line staff my issue is not with staff following their scope of work.

Thank you

David