cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build House

Gogglebox
Joining in

I've just been to view a New Build property. It is built on land that was previously a garden. From what I can see there Virgin is available to the existing houses in the road. However would it be available to the New Build house?

5 REPLIES 5

playerofgames
Tuning in

Technically possible. VM would need to pull a cable from the cabinet to your property. Contact the sales team or try to place an order online?

Presume I'd have to contact Virgin then as I haven't actually bought the property. As I work from home, I need fast Broadband so would really need to know if I could have Virgin Broadband before deciding whether to buy the property.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Gogglebox wrote:

Presume I'd have to contact Virgin then as I haven't actually bought the property. As I work from home, I need fast Broadband so would really need to know if I could have Virgin Broadband before deciding whether to buy the property.

Does the new build house appear on the Royal Mail address checker yet?

https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

if it is not yet registered that may hamper your efforts to obtain all sorts of services

VM might tell you all sorts of things are possible before you buy, only to let you down later. Have a read through the 'Quick Start' forum for some of the issues some customers have experienced getting cables installed by VM.

Have you spoken to the vendors of the house about them getting VM infrastructure installed prior to purchase as part of the build? That might possibly be a safer bet from your POV.

Hi Gogglebox, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that Virgin Media isn't yet available at the new property. We can take the address to see if there is a possibility however more often than not we would need to conduct a survey. As you're not living at the property, we wouldn't be able to do this. 

I will ask the team if there is a way around it but lets start by getting some information 🙂 I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Gogglebox, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm sorry to hear you're no longer purchasing the property but should you need help with any other properties you may be considering, let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs