Menu
denby5
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Build Connection

Hi,

I recently moved into a new build in the past couple of weeks where the developers have told us Virgin Media have installed the cabinets on the street and all that is required is to give them a call to get installed.

The house has internal virgin media cabling installed and has the ducting outside ready for the cable to be pulled through. However when I called the sales team they said the address didn't exist so wouldn't be able to get virgin installed?

I was wondering if anyone is able to help with this?

Thanks, Chris

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Build Connection

Could be a week before VM answer here, I would see your developer as they appear to have installed your home in partnership with VM in the first place and get them to chase VM to get VM or themselves to complete and sign you up as a customer.

I've read in these cases you the full package with a 3 month trial, don't miss out if that available to you think it comes from VM via the developer you need to check.

VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi denby5, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue getting set up on Virgin Media. 

It's possible that whilst your home is internally cabled, the external cables may still be needing to be joined up. 

I've popped you a private message requesting some information from you. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me with your information denby5.
I have sent an email over to the New Build teams now to check on possible release dates for your address. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
denby5
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the update.

Cheers, Chris

0 Kudos
denby5
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Kath_F wrote:

Thanks for coming back to me with your information denby5.
I have sent an email over to the New Build teams now to check on possible release dates for your address. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Any update on this?

Properties that have moved in after us now have cables pulled through from the cabinet to there houses and a few now appear on the postcode finder on the virgin media website. Looks like I will be going with another provider at this rate. 

0 Kudos