cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Broadband connection not working - Connected without Internet

BlueJack
Tuning in

Hi, I have received a new VM Hub3 yesterday and it is not working yet. Tried below:

1. Connected all the cables as per the given instructions, guides. 

2. Light is flashing green and Wifi light is Just Green Static(not flashing).

3. Restarted the hub multiple times with different times in between, after and before restarts.

4. Tried Reset button.

5. No network/service outage in my area.

6. Checked with Bot services and steps done as instructed. 

Any further troubleshooting steps?? and next steps?

Thanks,

Blue

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hubs are meant to the pre activated when sent out, but sometimes they are not.  Phone in to check. 

Also the cable could be disconnected on the outside, either at the external omnibox, or the street cabinet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor, Activation is done as per the SMS updates and agent talks.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Then you need to Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150 or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, BlueJack,

Sorry to hear that your hub activations hasn't gone as planned. Our records show that you have since been in touch with our phone care team. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Corey C

All sorted out last week. There was a cable cut issue outside property and engineer fixed it. Thanks to all for your support. 

Great to hear all sorted BlueJack

Do keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill