cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Broadband Installation - Getting pushed everytime

mayankbothra
Joining in

Hi, 

I have a new broadband installation order pending since 7 weeks and Virgin Media pushes the date out a day or two before the engineer visit date on the contract. Fed up with their lane excuses.

I was last told that external work needs to be done ( have been saying the same for last 5 weeks) since my property is new built. However I was surprised to see the Virgin team installing the box for my neighbour who purchased the new build next to my house and we share the same front pavement and landscaping.

I have been without broadband for weeks now and it’s getting difficult, have called the pre-installation and service team multiple times but no luck.

Any idea how can I get this expedited?

thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mayankbothra, thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for the delays with your installation, we understand this will be far from ideal. Sometimes installations can be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, and getting permission to carry out work/arranging for the correct teams to attend can take longer than is ideal.
Compensation would be provided under these circumstances (based on these guidelines: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation) but I appreciate such a long wait would make things extra difficult.

If more work needs to be done then it may not be possible to expedite this, but we'd certainly be happy to take a look and ensure any concerns are logged & escalated as needed. Please get back to me via PM (just look out for the purple envelope) and we'll take it from there.

Tom