Menu
danielhill
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Neverending installation date

So we signed up to Virgin Media on the 28th Aug. Given an installation date of the 12th Sep - not the quickest, but ok.

Today comes around, after the engineer being late, we're told that he is unable to install, as the line hadn't been pulled. He called his manager and apparently there was a blockage (was told that this very rarely happens! Searching the forum seems to indicate that this does indeed happen quite a lot).

So they're unable to pull the line, my installation gets pushed back to the 26th September. After taking a day off (I'm a contractor and don't get paid if I'm not working, and can't WFH without internet). I call and ask what is happening and when it'll be resolved.

I am reassured consistently that the blockage will indeed be fixed before the 26th so the installation can go ahead. Annoyed, but ok, fine, things like this happen.

2 hours later I received another call to say that they're cancelling the 26th and pushing it back as they're not sure when it'll be fixed. Literally 2 hours ago I was reassured it wouldn't be pushed back further.

I now have no date of installation. If I'm honest, as a brand new customer my thoughts are to just cancel and go with another provider as nobody can actually tell me what is happening or what they are waiting for, and when I can expect internet.

Any VM staff able to give me some clarity?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neverending installation date

staff cannot add much - its whatever it says on the job sheet - a lot depends on where the blockage is - they dont need permission to dig holes but they do have to contact the council and liaise with them - digging a hole in a pavement will likely happen quickly but if its under a road or in a place that can cause disruption then that ha to be planned - the normal time frame is 6 weeks so be prepared for that and [maybe] more

the clearing of the blockage will be done by sub contractors and they and VM seem excellent at not talking to each other so getting info will be difficult

as to dates from whoever [offshore maybe] take it all with a LARGE pinch of salt - they tell you what they think you want to hear - the truth and information given can be completely different

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neverending installation date

Hi danielhill,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that there has been some set backs in regards to your installation and I can appreciate the frustration this would be causing you.

I'd like to take a look at your account so I can help further. I'll pop you a private message,

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos