Menu
fknight
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Neighbours in same building have Virgin Broadband access but we can't?

So we live in the middle of Shoreditch which is the tech-hub of London but are without fibre. So until Openreach sorts out our side of the street we looked at virgin media. 

When searching for my address (Flat 5) it says that we aren't able to be serviced however flats 1-4 which are all in the same building and we literally share a wall with flat 4 who it appears do have VM broadband access.

I spoke with a person using the chatbot and they advised that we register interest however I did this almost a year ago in November 2018 and we haven't had any update from VM so unless we push it seems unlikely someone is going to come out.

Does anyone know why would we not be able to access the services? Can VM not just send a spotter to be sent out/ or have someone to at least an update on when this would potentially be available?

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neighbours in same building have Virgin Broadband access but we can't?

possiblly reached the limit of users for the street cabinet/area and won't take on any more until other leave.
0 Kudos
fknight
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No contact from spotter?

Hi I recently have been wanting to switch over to virgin and we had discussed with someone that they would need to send a spotter out but it should be ok given the other apartments within the complex have access. 

Can someone please contact me as we haven’t been sent any email or given any further information. Can someone at virgin please contact me with an update?

0 Kudos
jamesmacwhite
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No contact from spotter?

Have you tried putting your postcode in their postcode tool and selecting your address?

https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker

If your address is potentially serviceable but they are not 100% sure, it should return the "we need more information" form which you can fill in online and send. Once received by Virgin Media it will be routed to the local area your address is in. A spotter will then get in touch within 10 days and discuss further.

Edit: I noticed that your other post mentioned that this returns not serviceable. As an alternative, I was informed that trying onshore support might work, go through the phone menu to "Thinking of leaving us" and "Technical Reasons" during UK office hours and then ask for one.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No contact from spotter?

the spotter doesn't need to contact you, they simply visit the area outside and see what is there.
they don't need access to your property.
0 Kudos