cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbour disconnected my internet dispute

Jaffhimself
Tuning in

My neighbour who is shall we say mentaly unstable..has been displaying abusive behaviour towards his mum etc..heard through wall etc..all times of night.. he has now decided to go out side and open my box and physically disconnect (unscrew) my connection.. I saw him and contacted  my support to come around and to confeont the neighbours son.. how do I go about getting my connection put inside my home.. my parents have their connection inside because  drunk students used to kick the boxes off the wall.

I can't find anywhere to request an engineer for this reason.. 

The Internet is my only connection to the outside world and this situation with the neighbour will escalate ..I just want to make sure he can't escalate it via me..I've got my own issues with out his affecting me. 

9 REPLIES 9

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and go down the TV faults route.Regards Micky

?????  I only have broadband ..not a tv box.. so that is a no go .. would I have to book a no fault engineer..if so the neighbours paying the bill... 

Hi Jaffhimself,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened to your box.

I have been able to locate your account and do wish to help with this. 

So what I will do is private message you to get some details so we can look into this.

^Martin

Martin are you still there dude. .. have you seen my other pms..?? .

If you listened to the recorded message you will hear broadband or TV 

Ahh right..thankyou.. I'm just trying to get help via here at the moment ..Martins on the case but I may need to phone..so I will make a note of what you said.. thankyou.. 

Jaffhimself
Tuning in

Can't believe the moron of a neighbour has called virgin media out here now..saying I had taken his cover off his connection... there was one cover on the floor after he had disconnected my Internet...so naturally I thought that was my box and put it back on mine after I screwed my connection back together.   ... the engineer has put covers back on and cable tied them  .. he says I can't have a connection indoors like my parents... 

20211010_153818.jpg

it just makes me so angry that he obviously is not all there and the police won't do anything and he's affecting the neighbourhood with his behaviour making people's lives a misery.. .. 

Well we will have to see if this cover stays on this time.. but I'd still like to know where mine has gone ..it was there before he messed with it.. 🤷‍♀️

This is what the engineers done today.put a cable tie around mine ..

20211012_123225.jpg

 this is nextdoors now..

20211012_123217.jpg

 and this was before when the neighbour had an episode ..about 4 mins after he took the covers off and disconnected mine 

20211009_181303.jpg

20211009_181253.jpg

 ..it just makes me angry that people cause the problems then cry victim when called out on it.. but I've got photos and video evidence anyway.. so if he does it again and takes the cable tie off and messes he's ultimately messing with virgin media's property  .. 

Do please keep us posted @Jaffhimself, and I do hope that there are no further issues you have to encounter with this neighbour.

Having a neighbour like that can be a real nightmare, I know from past experiences, I feel your pain

All the best

David_Bn