cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbour cut of interent cable

Nasreen141080
Just joined

Hi,

My neighbour cut our internet cables. Will I be charged a fee for its repair. I have booked an engineer, but went through  automated system yesterday night. So had to log it in as internet fault.. Thanks

Nasreen

6 REPLIES 6

Nasreen141080
Just joined

Hi,

My neighbour cut our internet cables. Will I be charged a fee for its repair. I have booked an engineer, but went through  automated system yesterday night. So had to log it in as internet fault.. Thanks

Nasreen

Nasreen141080
Just joined

Hi

Is it ok to temporary fix your outside cables your self, until an engineer comes? So u can get internet.

Thanks

Nasreen

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Fix them how? Are they cut? Damaged? Just need fixing to the wall or burying? Or something else?

EDIT:  Ahhhh I see you have a thread about cut cables now !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

They have been cut and the cable box has been ripped off the wall.

Nasreen

Your not going to be able to fix that yourself, and even if you managed to splice the cable together, the amount of noise you'll get will mean constant disconnections for you and possibly neighbors as well (as effectively you are all sharing the same cable, more or less)

Hi Nasreen141080

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I can see you've called and had an engineer visit since posting, is everything now all sorted?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill