cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbors have virgin media, but service not currently available

Silver71
Settling in

Hi, 

I was a VM customer in the existing house, just moved into a new property - a few of my neighbors seem to have VM into their property including my direct neighbor (its a terrace house and we we share the same boundaries) but when I type in my door number, it seems as though the service is not available.  However, if type in another door number (maybe 2 doors away), the website offers me the service and allows me to select a product.  Has anyone raised this with VM or do they just follow the script ("computer says no")?

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Christy_D  of course.

@Silver71 please accept my apologies for the difficulties you are having, I will drop you a private message to take some details and have a look to see if your property can be served.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

Have you spoken to the move and transfer team?

Are you moving services to this address?

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi, no, a family member moved in to my old property, so the service is still running there. Going by comments on similar topic, I assume VM has hit the max service availability so not allowing new customers join, that or a faulty Database on the website!

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Okay that shouldn't be a problem. @VM-Jon are you able to assist with this customer at all please?

It may be due to capacity issues, however we would need to take a few details from you so we can check this properly.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

@Christy_D  of course.

@Silver71 please accept my apologies for the difficulties you are having, I will drop you a private message to take some details and have a look to see if your property can be served.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more