cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to move my cable to the other side of the room

drpr62
Joining in

How do I go about getting my cable (TV & Broadband) moved to the other side of my living room? I couldn't find any option on Virgin's site for this.

Paul

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@drpr62 wrote:

How do I go about getting my cable (TV & Broadband) moved to the other side of my living room? I couldn't find any option on Virgin's site for this.

Paul

VM will charge a reasonable £25 fee for moving cables.  It used to be £99 !

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Great, thanks for the quick reply.

Hi alternatively you can phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and go down the TV faults route.Regards Micky

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @drpr62

Welcome to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding moving your cable to the other side of your living room, I would be happy to get this arranged for you. Please note that a £25 non-emergency call out fee will apply for the engineer visit. I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required now and we can get this sorted for you!

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena,

I am also after the same thing, but movement of my broadband connection from a room upstairs to another - is this something I can query/get lined up with you?

Thanks.

Hi @iscarratt 👋
A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. Great to have you here!

I will be more than happy to arrange a tech visit for you so you can have your equipment relocated. 

Please note there will be a £25 non fault call out charge for this. 

If you are happy to proceed, then please do respond to my PM and I can get this booked in for you.

Hope to hear from you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Will do that now, thanks.

Hi, I need to move my cable in my living room. I need the cable to run outside my house and into another area.

Any help? Thanks

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @iscarratt 
I've booked a technician for you to come out and get the equipment relocated for you. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs