cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to book an engineer visit

Maciej65537
Tuning in

Hello.

I already got a broadband kit. But as it turns out there is no broadband connection in the property I have just moved in. Therefore, I'd like to book an engineer to install a virgin broadband socket and set everything up. Couldn't find that option on the website. Please help.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

4 REPLIES 4

Maciej65537
Tuning in

Hello.

I already got a broadband kit. But as it turns out there is no broadband connection in the property I have just moved in. Therefore, I'd like to book an engineer to install a virgin broadband socket and set everything up. Couldn't find that option on the website. Please help.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

if they have allowed self install then VM has been installed there in the past but it may have been removed or cables cut - but - 

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Maciej65537

Thanks for your post 
Sorry about to hear about the issue with your installation 
I can look into this for you and arrange a service call
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Its best not to buy any 3rd party products as this may interfere with the network ,also it weill save you a few pennies  
Regards     
Gareth_L

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hello Maciej65537

Thanks for your post 
Sorry about to hear about the issue with your installation 
I can look into this for you and arrange a service call
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Its best not to buy any 3rd party products as this may interfere with the network ,also it weill save you a few pennies  
Regards     
Gareth_L

what a strange comment - where does the OP suggest they will buy anything - if this is a reference to the connector i list to its accepted as a fix for no internal box and suggested by some of your colleagues as well  as many on the board - its a standard part used by your techs to joint cables in a gelbox [for example]

Tony.
Sacked VIP