Menu
Cazash
Just joined
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Need to activate Virgin but can't get through

I have been on the phone to Virgin for 5 hours today and failed to get through. Have been hung up on 5 times. I can't activate my package, all the lights on the hub indicate that it should work. Is there anybody who can help without telling me to call the activation line again because the customer service is currently a joke. As a new customer I am concerned.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to activate Virgin but can't get through

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Cazash
Just joined
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll try again first thing in the morning but to get cut off 5 times is ridiculous. Is this usual customer service?

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cazash, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your equipment and contacting the team. 

Have you been able to contact the activation team since your last post to us? If not, please do let us know as we will be happy to assist you further from here. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
JohnBeatle
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issue. Been waiting all day and wasted hours on the phone waiting for someone to answer. My superhub 3.0 needs activating. THE ACTIVATION NUMBER 0800 953 9500 DOES NOT WORK !!!!  

i

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnBeatle,

Sorry to see you are having issues.  have you tried again today? If the activation line still isn't picking up then please try the following.

Speak to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JohnBeatle
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So 48hrs on, I'm still waiting for someone from VM technical to call me. Wasted so many hours on phone over the weekend for someone to pick up even the SMS virgin fault method of reporting is non responsive. 

The hub 3 works in router mode, but in modem mode it has very slow speeds & red led is on permanent.  Also big issue with latency! Trace route to 8.8.8.8 from the hub reports over 10ms to first hop in network! 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello

When in modem mode the light is magenta but it is very hard to notice the difference between red.

The tracert to 8.8.8.8 that is quite normal for that type of connection I get 12ms, what are you expecting to the route ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JohnBeatle
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I will keep it in router modem until someone @VM technical contacts me.

Ref 8.8.8.8, if the total time to do the full trace route of 9 hops from the hub to google was <12ms that would be acceptable but i am seeing the first hop to an internal 10.53.xx.xx network taking 10ms, hop3 is 20ms, hop 4 is 10ms etc.

For many people this won't be an issue but if you are a musician and jam online with your other bandmates using jamkazam or similiar, you will know that total latency (or round trip) to the AWS/Cloud server must not exceed 30ms otherwise there is a noticeable delay or an echo effect through the headphones. I am getting this lag! Was chatting with a chap on BT fibre yesterday and he says he gets an overall latency of 7ms on his network and doesn't experience this lag issue. This is a subject in its own right so i may post this as a seperate question once the other issues above are resolved.
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnBeatle, 

I'm really sorry for the experience and the delay in us getting back to you, we have been busier than usual. 

Can you confirm that the hub has now been activated and this is the hub you're having issues with?

I have had a look at the back end of things from here anyway and it is all looking good, however if this isn't the case with you then please do pop back and we'll see what else we can do. 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos